Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com
Black Friday deals
Catch limited-time Black Friday deals on tech before they are gone!

Samsung estimated to have sold 100,000 Galaxy S7 units in South Korea in two days

52

According to local industry sources quoted by Yonhap News, Samsung sold 100,000 Galaxy S7 units in its home country of South Korea in the first two days of commercial availability.

On Friday, April 11th, when the Samsung Galaxy S7 series launched worldwide, Samsung is estimated to have sold 60,000 units in South Korea, followed by 40,000 the next day, a Saturday.

The same sources say that the 5.5-inch Galaxy S7 edge is responsible for about 40% of these sales, with the 5.2-inch Galaxy S7 accounting for the remainder 60% of the pie.

Last year when Samsung launched the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge, the company was able to sell 200,000 units in the first ten days of commercial availability. As such, we're inclined to believe that the new Galaxy S7 series is on track to meet and possibly even surpass Galaxy S6 sales in South Korea. This contradicts previous information suggesting Samsung's new phones aren't doing very well in terms of pre-order placements in South Korea.

Although the Galaxy S7 series makes use of the same design language that Samsung introduced last year with the Galaxy S6 series, the new phones are definitely a step towards the right direction, offering a faster chipset, an improved camera with blazing-fast autofocus, waterproofness and dust resistance, as well as a microSD card slot.

Samsung is surely hoping that the new phones are good enough to revitalize the declining revenue and profit coming from its mobile division. To put things in perspective, note that the profit generated by Samsung's mobile business in Q4 2015 was about a third of that generated in Q1 2014. At the moment, however, it's probably too early to tell if the Galaxy S7 sales will go well enough to turn things back around.


source: Yonhap News

New reasons to get excited every week

Get the most important news, reviews and deals in mobile tech delivered straight to your inbox

HOT Black Friday Deals

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3

$1649 99
$2049 98
Buy at Samsung

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

$999 99
$1199 99
Buy at Samsung
Discover more deals

Related phones

Samsung Galaxy S7 specs
  • Display 5.1 inches 2560 x 1440 pixels 60Hz Refresh rate
  • Camera 12 MP (Single camera) 5 MP front
  • Hardware Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 4GB RAM
  • Storage 32GB, microSDXC
  • Battery 3000 mAh
  • OS Android 8.0 Oreo Samsung TouchWiz UI
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge specs
  • Display 5.5 inches 2560 x 1440 pixels
  • Camera 12 MP (Single camera) 5 MP front
  • Hardware Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 4GB RAM
  • Storage 32GB, microSDXC
  • Battery 3600 mAh
  • OS Android 8.0 Oreo Samsung TouchWiz UI

Latest News

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless