Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom announced for AT&T, $200 on contract
Dallas, Texas, November 04, 2013 - Beginning Nov. 8, AT&T will be the first carrier in the U.S. to offer the Samsung Galaxy S® 4 zoom and customers will have the option to purchase for $25 a month on an AT&T Next installment agreement or $199.99 with a two-year wireless agreement. The Galaxy S 4 zoom offers customers a first-of-its-kind smartphone camera, which features 10x optical zoom and spin-to-focus manual control ring. It has the best qualities of the Galaxy S 4 smartphone series combined with the best of a compact point and shoot camera.
“Customers need more and more from their smartphones,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Devices, AT&T. “With powerful, best-in-class optical zoom, in addition to easy access to day-to-day functions like email, social media and more, we’re able to offer customers the qualities they want and need all in one device with the Galaxy S 4 zoom.”
AT&T was the first to deliver Samsung’s Galaxy family of devices and has the best selection of Samsung Galaxy S 4 models in the U.S. with the Galaxy S 4, Galaxy S 4 Active™, Galaxy S 4 mini and now the Galaxy S 4 zoom.
The Galaxy S 4 zoom is a 4G LTE smartphone that features a 16-megapixel camera with 10x optical zoom. The lens has a manually adjustable zoom ring that allows users to spin to zoom in and out. The dedicated shutter button and Optical Image Stabilizer allow for effortless shooting. The Galaxy S 4 zoom captures video at 30fps in 1080p or 60fps at 720p, and features a built in Xenon flash and 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera. The smartphone’s screen is a beautiful 4.3” Super AMOLED™ display.
Advanced camera features include:
- 10x Optical Zoom – Capture beautiful images from far away or up close accurately and easily
- Smart Modes –Choose from one of 25 pre-set camera modes, like Sunset, Best Face, Drama, and Panorama to capture the best photo possible
- 16-megapixel BSI CMOS Sensor – The built-in Optical Image Stabilizer helps keep the camera perfectly still, reducing blur and stabilizing the imag
- WatchON– Control your television and discover a rich TV viewing experience with the Integrated Infrared (IR) controller
- S Beam –Provides fast, easy transfer of large files, such as photos videos and documents, with a single touch of the Galaxy S 4 zoom to another S Beam enabled Galaxy device, without needing a Wi-Fi connection or cell signal
- Samsung Hub – A destination for the latest music, videos, books and games in one place
- For a limited time, Galaxy S 4 zoom customers can take advantage of two amazing promotional offers. Those purchasing the Galaxy S 4 zoom with a two-year contract or on an AT&T Next installment agreement and qualified voice and data plans can get a Galaxy Tab 3 for free. The Galaxy Tab 3 requires a new qualified 2-year data plan in order to be eligible. Customers won’t have to choose between a phone and tablet. Now they can get both for the price of one. With AT&T Mobile Share, customers can add the Galaxy Tab 3 to an existing Mobile Share plan for $10 more per month. And with Mobile Share, up to 10 devices can share data without needing to purchase separate plans for each one.
Additionally, customers can come in and receive a minimum $100 AT&T Promotion Card when they trade in an eligible smartphone and purchase a smartphone with AT&T Nextsm. The promotion card can be used towards the purchase of a connected tablet, new accessories or a wireless service bill. Both offers are for a limited time only, ending Jan. 9, 2014. Promotion can change at any time.
Galaxy S 4 zoom customers will also be able to take advantage of 50 GB of free cloud storage through AT&T Locker. AT&T Locker provides free storage that lets you store and share high-resolution images and video. It’s a single place to keep music, documents, and more for easy access.