Samsung Galaxy S III explodes in a boy's bed
posted by Alan F. / Apr 14, 2016, 1:44 PM
The boy's mother said that her son had awoken before the smoke alarm was triggered. She added that the family had learned a valuable lesson from the explosion. "We’ve at least learnt (sic) now only to charge phones during the day, and nowhere near fabric or flammable materials," she said. Based on the the reports of the explosion, it seems that no one was hurt by the blast.
In many of these cases, a faulty third-party charger is to blame, especially when it comes to older models where the original accessories might have ended up missing over time. However, there is no evidence that this was the case in this situation.
Thanks for the tip!
- Display 4.8" 720 x 1280 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.9 MP front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 4 Quad, Quad-core, 1400 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2100 mAh(11.60h 3G talk time)
Posts: 2933; Member since: Oct 08, 2012
S-plode feature strikes again.
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 1:47 PM 16
Posts: 1674; Member since: Nov 11, 2014
The brand that's on your pic also has the same feature called iBlast..
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 1:52 PM 64
Posts: 1409; Member since: Jul 06, 2014
Working in the smartphone retail store for a decade and I would strongly not recommend for a removable battery smartphone, unethical seller everywhere and will swap away the original to the fake inside and no one could guaranteed that. What worst once it explode manufacturer would accused you for using third party even you have no intention to. Don't be a stubborn @ss for a removable battery for the sake of freedom and democracy fantasy
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 7:58 PM 12
Posts: 62; Member since: Aug 17, 2015
Gee, this seems like it could easily be avoided by buying FIRST party batteries, doesn't it? Don't insist on taking away removable batteries just because a few phones have exploded and we DON'T EVEN KNOW that it was caused by a thrid party battery, and if it was the charger then the removable battery has nothing to do with it.
posted on Apr 15, 2016, 2:12 AM 4
Posts: 1518; Member since: Feb 14, 2015
Using 3rd Party batteries and Chargers are the culprit at most times. Removable battery is a must for me, I use an external battery and the battery itself degrades overtime. I can buy a Genuine battery for $20 and easily replace it. But for non-removable battery, I have to spend a lot more and it isn't easily upgradeable
posted on Apr 15, 2016, 7:07 AM 0
It's amazing that they've now learned not to leave the phone charging under a mattress while sleeping how stupid can people be doesn't matter if it's Samsung or Apple or any other how dumb can people be it's like falling asleep with a cigarette in your mouth
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 9:27 PM 2
Posts: 1674; Member since: Nov 11, 2014
Either don't use your phone while charging, don't put in bed, don't overcharge, and don't use 'Class A' chargers and cables. Additionally I turn off Wifi and Data and clear all recent apps (as I feel they affect the charging process if they're running in background or maybe it's just my OCD)
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 1:50 PM 3
Posts: 1485; Member since: Mar 18, 2012
Which phones are more explosive? Apple or Samsung?
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 1:51 PM 0
Posts: 1904; Member since: Mar 25, 2014
why is the picture of the battery only? It says what is left, but that is clearly just the battery, and the hole also seems more square then the phone as a whole is, kid was playing with battery?
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 1:52 PM 20
Posts: 6959; Member since: Mar 04, 2015
Wondering the same thing. There is something not right about this.
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 3:31 PM 9
Posts: 6747; Member since: Sep 30, 2014
yes right, Its normal to not contact samsung because they probably use 3rd party charger / battery, but its weird if they didnt even contact their insurance company.. they must made up some big part of this story
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 9:13 PM 0
Posts: 2156; Member since: Jan 16, 2011
They carefully removed it from the phone while it was on fire and placed it strategically on the bed.. The kid probably dismantled it and some how punctured it - he was probably chewing on it to get his daily dose of Lithium.....
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 5:45 PM 0
More like she wanted a new phone and his parents wouldn't give him a new phone so I just planned on Breaking the battery knowing it would cost almost as much to get a free phone from the carrier didn't realize that those videos are not sync on YouTube when they explode
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 9:30 PM 0
Posts: 33; Member since: Nov 07, 2015
I am suprised that PA didn't mentioned icrap in this article @-@
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 2:04 PM 2
I'm not surprised that one of you did!!!
posted on Apr 14, 2016, 3:11 PM 9
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):