Poll results: to each his own, V10-style ticker and G5-style Always on display are equally liked
The LG G5's Always on screen also offers a constant display of valuable information when the display is sleeping, but there are no extra panels. Needless to say, there is no extra value added when the phone is awake. However, the phone does look much more mainstream and the fact that the always-on information is shown on its main display means it gets more real estate to work with for larger, more easily visible clock and notifications.
So, with the LG V20 peeking around the corner, possibly with a notification ticker of its own, we wondered which of the two solutions you preferred more if you were to choose. Here's how the vote tallied:
Do you prefer the LG V10 ticker screen or LG G5 Always-on display?
- Display 5.7" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 808, Hexa-core, 1800 MHz
- Storage 64 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(12h 3G talk time)
- Display 5.3" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, Quad-core, 2200 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2800 mAh(25h talk time)
Posts: 85; Member since: Jul 08, 2011
posted on Aug 10, 2016, 12:22 PM 0
Posts: 1990; Member since: Nov 17, 2011
posted on Aug 10, 2016, 7:09 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):