Poll results: Do you care if your phone has a replaceable battery?
Still, out of the major smartphone manufacturers, only Samsung and LG seem to have remained loyal to the removable battery concept this flagship season, with the Galaxy S5, and the G3. That's why we asked you last week if you care about a replaceable battery in your smartphone that you can swap on the go, or if you are fine with a sealed battery compartment, as long as the battery life of the handset is in the acceptable range, like in the current crop of unibody flagships that includes the One (M8), or the Xperia Z2.
As you can see from the results below, our 4163 respondents are quite evenly split on the matter. The 53% majority says that a phone has to be very convincing to woo them without a replaceable battery, and they would rather opt for one where they can take the juicer out, and swap it at will. The other ~47% say they don't really mind a sealed battery compartment, as long as the battery life is still decent, which bodes well for the new crop of unibody flagships, like the Xperia Z2, or the HTC One (M8). Still, the preferred option for most respondents is that they'd rather have a replaceable battery in their handsets.
Do you care if your phone has a replaceable battery or not ?
Posts: 459; Member since: Oct 13, 2009
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:24 AM 10
Posts: 4063; Member since: Jul 23, 2013
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:34 AM 5
Posts: 843; Member since: Aug 01, 2011
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 11:39 AM 2
Posts: 41; Member since: Oct 27, 2011
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 3:20 PM 0
Posts: 816; Member since: Jan 06, 2012
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:26 PM 0
Posts: 550; Member since: Jun 19, 2011
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:37 AM 4
Posts: 1095; Member since: Mar 25, 2014
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:54 AM 1
Posts: 1137; Member since: Jan 22, 2014
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 9:58 AM 2
Posts: 213; Member since: Sep 18, 2012
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:33 AM 1
Posts: 895; Member since: Jun 10, 2012
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:34 AM 1
Posts: 6794; Member since: Mar 29, 2012
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:47 AM 3
Posts: 4147; Member since: Nov 02, 2012
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 9:25 AM 1
Posts: 650; Member since: Nov 20, 2011
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:45 AM 1
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 8:47 AM 1
Posts: 1157; Member since: Jul 18, 2013
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 9:07 AM 0
Posts: 332; Member since: Dec 08, 2011
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 9:11 AM 3
Posts: 222; Member since: May 08, 2014
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 11:11 AM 0
Posts: 1515; Member since: Jun 03, 2010
posted on Jun 02, 2014, 11:52 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):