Motorola RAZR rooted well before release
We saw the DROID RAZR pre-order go up just a few days ago, and now we're getting a better picture of what the mod situation will be like on the device. So, running through what we know so far: it's likely that the bootloader on the international version Motorola RAZR will be unlockable, but the DROID RAZR will not be unlockable. In addition, we now know that P3Droid has announced that the RAZR does have a working root.
That's all the info we have so far. No word on how the root will work or if it will be a permanent root or not. However, if this is the same root method that was found by P3Droid to work on all other Gingerbread Motos, it should be a pretty easy process. So, it looks like those of you getting the RAZR can have a race to see whether Motorola ships the ICS update in January before or after Cyanogen has a working ICS ROM for the RAZR.
source: P3Droid via Android Forums
- Display 4.3" 540 x 960 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.3 MP front
- Processor TI OMAP4430, Dual-core, 1200 MHz
- Storage 16 GB + microSDHC
- Battery 1780 mAh(12.50h talk time)
Posts: 8; Member since: Oct 31, 2011
posted on Oct 31, 2011, 9:02 PM 2
Posts: 768; Member since: Nov 10, 2009
posted on Oct 31, 2011, 10:11 PM 1
Posts: 394; Member since: Feb 02, 2011
posted on Nov 01, 2011, 12:47 AM 4
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):