Microsoft knew its Kin phones sucked before it released them (and it still did!)
A video that got in the hands of Wired UK, named Touch Usability Study Pink #26, testers vary in their comments describing the experience from “a little annoying” to “very slow” and downright “frustrating.”
We think the following quotes from the video below speak better than any other comments we can add, so just take a look:
- “I can imagine my daughter would give this back very quickly.”
- “Camera is useless for anything spontaneous”
- “This phone would have gone back if I paid for it”
- “Coming to a touch phone with this is kind of a turn off”
- “The whole experience was really stressful on my fingers”
And if we were to look for the most positive comment out of all, that would be one tester’s euphemism about there being “lots of room to improve.”
The Kin One and Two were released in May 2010 exclusively for Verizon Wireless, and we can only feel sorry for those who purchased them with a two-year contract.
But now that we have this leaked testers’ reports we can only wonder: if Microsoft knew just how bad the two Kin phones were, why did it release them? And we can’t help but wonder whether despite testers’ warnings the company is still going by that same stubborn token nowadays. We sincerely hope not.
source: Wired via TechCrunch
- Display 2.6" 320 x 240 pixels
- Camera 5 MP
- Storage 4 GB
- Battery 1240 mAh(5.66h talk time)
Posts: 861; Member since: Sep 02, 2009
posted on Nov 20, 2012, 2:48 AM 2
Posts: 63; Member since: Apr 16, 2010
posted on Nov 20, 2012, 12:46 PM 0
Posts: 2156; Member since: Oct 17, 2011
posted on Nov 20, 2012, 3:20 AM 6
Posts: 83; Member since: Oct 17, 2012
posted on Nov 20, 2012, 5:59 AM 6
Posts: 131; Member since: Aug 19, 2011
posted on Nov 20, 2012, 6:03 AM 2
Posts: 1106; Member since: Feb 23, 2012
posted on Nov 20, 2012, 4:02 AM 2
Posts: 949; Member since: Nov 09, 2010
posted on Nov 20, 2012, 6:13 AM 3
Posts: 4744; Member since: Jan 28, 2011
posted on Nov 20, 2012, 9:17 AM 1
Posts: 3165; Member since: Jun 19, 2010
posted on Nov 20, 2012, 12:41 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):