LG G Pro 2 is cheaper than Samsung Galaxy S5 in Asia
One of the markets where the G Pro 2 (pictured above) was introduced is Taiwan. Interestingly, Samsung announced its Galaxy S5 in Taiwan yesterday, too. Both companies revealed the official prices of their new handsets for the Taiwanese market, so we now know that the G Pro 2 will be a bit cheaper than the Galaxy S5 (at least in Taiwan).
LG is selling the G Pro 2 in Taiwan as of now, asking $684 (20,900 TWD) for the 16GB model, and $718 (21,900 TWD) for the 32GB version. Samsung’s Galaxy S5 won’t be available until April 11 - just like everywhere else - when Taiwanese customers will have to pay $750 for a 16GB model, or $783 for the 32GB one.
According to Focus Taiwan, LG wants to ship 100,000 G Pro 2 units before the end of the year in Taiwan alone. Overall, the company hopes to sell 450,000 mobile phones in the country throughout 2014. Samsung didn’t comment on how many S5 handsets it’s planning to sell.
It’s quite possible that the Galay S5 will also be more expensive than the LG G Pro 2 when the two devices arrive in North America and Europe. What do you think, is Samsung justified to ask more for its smartphone? Before answering, you may want to check out our Samsung Galaxy S5 vs. LG G Pro 2 post here.
source: Focus Taiwan
- Display 5.9" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core, 2260 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3200 mAh
- Display 5.1" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2800 mAh(21h 3G talk time)
Posts: 898; Member since: Dec 22, 2011
posted on Mar 20, 2014, 12:04 AM 4
Posts: 399; Member since: Nov 09, 2013
posted on Mar 20, 2014, 1:15 AM 2
Posts: 698; Member since: Jul 15, 2013
posted on Mar 20, 2014, 12:27 AM 0
Posts: 397; Member since: Mar 13, 2014
posted on Mar 20, 2014, 12:49 AM 7
Posts: 4275; Member since: Jun 26, 2011
posted on Mar 20, 2014, 4:04 AM 2
Posts: 4147; Member since: Nov 02, 2012
posted on Mar 20, 2014, 1:08 AM 1
Posts: 54; Member since: Nov 01, 2013
posted on Mar 20, 2014, 12:48 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):