Some minor changes to the code ofChrome OS, Google's take on cloud-based netbook operating systems,hint at an interesting push in the development of the operating system. Could it be that Honeycomb,which without a shadow of doubt remains Google's main focus intablets, will be joined or replaced by Chrome OS Touch version?Here's the hard evidence present in Chrome OS code so far:
- Google has changed a user-agentstring for “websites that are already customizing for tabletexperiences.” In addition, all touch-optimized adjustments are to use the name “CrOS Touch” instead of just “CrOS.”
- A new tab page will be used for Touchoptimized Chrome OS, making it possible to quickly rearrange andmanage apps.
- An on-screen virtual keyboard was added.
We've seen Google bring up conceptChrome models and videos for tablets, and we've heard rumors of cloud-based music services in the latest versions of Android. Will it be apartial integration with Honeycomb or a separate touch platform -that remains a guessing game. Whatever it is, though, we'll know more about it soon, but in the meantime,let us know what's your prediction!
Posts: 460; Member since: Mar 15, 2011
posted on Apr 08, 2011, 6:59 AM 3
Posts: 2; Member since: Mar 17, 2011
posted on Apr 09, 2011, 11:52 PM 0
posted on Apr 08, 2011, 7:42 AM 1
Posts: 14605; Member since: Dec 19, 2008
posted on Apr 08, 2011, 8:23 AM 1
Posts: 1436; Member since: Jul 11, 2008
posted on Apr 08, 2011, 10:27 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):