HTC EVO View 4G gets updated to Honeycomb
It is official, folks! The HTC EVO View 4G is finally getting a taste of Honeycomb, and an OTA software update is about to go live in the forthcoming hours. The 217 megabyte update brings the tablet's Android version to 3.2.1 and brings a number of improvements and fixes along the way.
The HTC EVO View 4G is, of course, Sprint's version of the HTC Flyer – a 7-inch Android tablet that the carrier launched back in June. Currently, its price is hovering close to the $200 mark, with the potential to go lower, so once its Honeycomb update is out, grabbing one might not be such a bad deal after all.
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar
- The Action Bar – which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen – is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Fixed Google video chat
- Added Bluetooth capability in Airplane mode
If you have already received the Honeycomb update for your HTC EVO View 4G, feel free to drop a comment below and let us know what you think about it.