Which would you buy: the brand-new Galaxy A8 (2018) or the year-old Galaxy S8?
But the price is a bit of a head-scratcher. The Galaxy A8 (2018) is currently available in Europe for the price of €500. “What's the problem?” you ask... Well, the Galaxy S8 is available for about €530-€540 right now.
So, Sammy's flagship is almost a year old by now, sure. But it's still arguably a bit more powerful, with either a 2.3 GHz Exynos 8895 or a 2.35 GHz Snapdragon 835 under its hood, still looks arguably better with its edge design, and has a camera, which we felt performs better. So, for a little bit of money, you get a noticeably better, albeit older, smartphone.
So, that said, we wonder — pretend both phones are available in your region, would you go for the brand-new, slightly cheaper Galaxy A8 (2018), or would you drop your cash on the year-old Galaxy S8?
Which would you buy: Galaxy A8 (2018) or Galaxy S8?
- Display 5.6" 1080 x 2220 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 16 MP front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 5 Octa, Octa-core, 2200 MHz
- Storage 64 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(19h 3G talk time)
- Display 5.8" 1440 x 2960 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core, 2350 MHz
- Storage 64 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(30h talk time)
Posts: 3; Member since: May 29, 2012
posted on Jan 24, 2018, 10:00 AM 2
Posts: 306; Member since: Jan 30, 2017
posted on Jan 24, 2018, 10:12 AM 0
Posts: 2289; Member since: Apr 15, 2016
posted on Jan 24, 2018, 10:24 AM 3
Posts: 423; Member since: Jun 15, 2016
posted on Jan 24, 2018, 10:27 AM 1
Posts: 2698; Member since: Nov 09, 2015
posted on Jan 24, 2018, 10:31 AM 3
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):