First BlackBerry Priv software update arrives to improve performance, security, and camera capabilities
Weighing in at 475 MB, the update improves the overall system performance, stability, and security of the Priv. Moreover, BlackBerry is enhancing the speed of its camera app, while boosting the quality of low-light photos (in your BlackBerry Priv review, we did find the camera to be a bit on the slow side, noticing that low-light photos weren't exactly great).
Initially, the software update is available only to Priv units bought directly from BlackBerry. Carrier versions of the handset will get the update starting December 7. As always when it comes to hefty updates, it is recommended that you download this via a Wi-Fi connection.
At the moment, the BlackBerry Priv can be bought for $699.99 unlocked, or for $249.99 on contract (only from AT&T in the US).
source: BlackBerry Blog
- Display 5.4" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 18 MP / 2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 808, Hexa-core, 1800 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3410 mAh
Posts: 2131; Member since: Aug 11, 2015
posted on Dec 01, 2015, 1:42 PM 2
Posts: 736; Member since: Jan 07, 2015
posted on Dec 01, 2015, 1:48 PM 5
Posts: 182; Member since: May 09, 2013
posted on Dec 02, 2015, 12:13 AM 1
posted on Dec 01, 2015, 4:48 PM 1
posted on Dec 01, 2015, 4:50 PM 2
Posts: 13; Member since: Dec 01, 2015
posted on Dec 01, 2015, 7:22 PM 3
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):