After over a year long hiatus, Microsoft is back in business with a new, high-end offerings in the Lumia 950
and Lumia 950 XL
. Quite frankly, what Microsoft did — saying no to premature updates to its premium line before Windows 10 for Mobile was ready to action — took some serious guts, and, we guess, the loyalty of some fans. But now that we've finally seen the end of the tunnel, it's time we judged whether what awaits on the other side was worth it.
Many of you will have already gotten themselves acquainted with the two new devices, but here's a quick rundown of the specs:
- 5.2"/5.7" Quad HD OLED screens with Gorilla Glass 3 or 4 with the 950 and 950 XL, respectively
- Snapdragon 808/Snapdragon 810
- 20MP main cameras with triple LED flash and OIS, 5MP selfie cams across both models
- 32GB of storage, expandable through microSD
- Iris scanner with Windows Hello (Beta)
- Windows 10 with Continuum (use the phones like a computer) through Display Dock
- USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh/3,340mAh cells with quick charging
Without meaning to influence your decision, we'll nevertheless note that this a competitive package on the whole. Do you think Microsoft delivered with it?
Microsoft Lumia 950
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL