Bear is a great new notes app with support for formatting, sync and more
Bear is a new note-taking app for iOS devices and Mac computers that features a simple, intuitive design with some neat formatting options and a beautiful, clean design.
It is completely free to download, but if you want to use its pro features like cross-device sharing and more, you'd need to sign up for a paid subscription running for $1.5 per month, or $15 for a year.
What makes Bear different than most other note taking applications is the ability to easily link notes to create a whole body of work, and you can also easily use hashtags to organize your thoughts. Everything is neatly stored in plain text, so it's easily transferable between different mediums.
Bear is also a flexible app: as much as it is about basic notes and to-do lists, it's also well fit for coders or more serious prose writers looking to craft their next thing. The app is compatible with external keyboards, so you can do some more serious typing without having to carry your Macbook and right below you'd see a demo of how this works.
Additionally, Bear also comes with a full-screen mode that allows you to concentrate fully on your writing, without any distractions.
The list of features also includes the following:
- Rich previews while writing so you see prose, not code
- In-line support for images and photos
- Advanced Markup Editor that supports and highlights over 20 programming languages
- Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, quickly reference other notes, and more
- Quickly add todos to individual notes to keep yourself on task
- Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more
- Smart Data Recognition of elements like links, emails, addresses, colors, and more to come
- Hashtags to quickly find and organize notes however you like
- One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad with a custom shortcut bar
- Focus Mode hides notes and other options when it matters
- Effortless, secure, and private multi-device sync via iCloud