Android 4.3 Jelly Bean leaks out for Samsung Galaxy S4 and you can install it28
Hopefully, this will also mean that official updates to 4.3 will be available soon after Google officially launches the platform.
Right now, though, the first experiments installing Android 4.3 on a regular Samsung Galaxy S4 model GT-I9505 have been successful and absolutely everything seems to be working.
You’d of course notice the new live wallpaper that we’ve seen on the Google Edition S4, and some minor changes seem to include options like ‘emergency broadcasts’ and an option to ‘avoid weak Wi-Fi connections’.
The ROM is a fresh build, dated June 26th and requires Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
and Custom Recovery.
Right below are the instructions you have to follow to install this. Proceed with caution though as this may void your warranty and there’s always the risk of doing something wrong for those who are newbies. With that in mind, here are the instructions and download links:
- This is not flashable through Odin.
- This will void your warranty.
- Don’t attempt this if you don’t have the skills to flash a custom ROM
- You are doing this on your own risk
- Copy Google Play Edition ROM to your internal SD Card
- Enter Recovery (Power + Volume Up + Home)
- Do a Wipe/Factory Reset (Necessary due to new Android version)
- Flash Google Play Edition ROM
- Reboot your device!