A few camera-related patents show what is reasonable to expect from the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2 cameras
For more comprehensive read on these three patents and the solutions they offer, hit the Patently Apple link, but better yet, find the exploration spirit in you and see the patents for yourself in the US Patent and Trademark Office site. The links to the three patents are as follows:
- Blurry photos -> Patent No. 20100309334
- Skin tones -> Patent No. 20100309336
- Noise when taking photos -> Patent No. 20100309345
If this is not enough for you, the other seven noteworthy patents submitted last week are:
- Patent Application Number: 20100309344 – Entitled "Chroma Noise Reductions for Cameras"
- Patent Application Number: 20100309346 – Entitled "Automatic Tone Mapping for Cameras."
- Patent Application Number: 20100309335 – Entitled "Images Capturing Device having Continuous Image Capture."
- Patent Application Number: 20100309321 – Entitled "Image Capturing Devices using Orientation Detectors to Implement Automatic Exposure Mechanisms."
- Video Related Patent: 20100309985 – Entitled "Video Processing for Masking Coding Artifacts using Dynamic Noise Maps."
- Video Related Patent: 20100309975 – Entitled – "Image Acquisition and Transcoding System."
- Video Related Patent: 20100309987 – Entitled "Image Acquisition and Encoding System."
source: Patently Apple via US Patent and Trademark Office and Fortune