World's thinnest smartphone, BBK Vivo X3T, receives certification from China
The rest of the specs for the Vivo X3T include a 5 inch screen with resolution of 1080 x 1920 (FHD). Under the hood is a quad-core 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6589T processor with 1GB of RAM on board. The camera on back is 8MP while the front-facing snapper is 5MP. The phone is expected to launch on August 22nd for the world's largest carrier, China Mobile. Android 4.2 will be pre-installed out of the box.
The dimensions of the BBK Vivo X3T are 143.27mm x 71.03mm x 5.75mm. On the scale, the device weighs 150 grams. No pricing information was released. Considering the way we have seen the title of the world's thinnest smartphone pass from model to model, who knows how long the Vivo X3T will be wearing the crown.
World's thinnest smartphone, the BBK Vivo X3T
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: Tenaa (translated) via TechKiddy
1. haikallp (Posts: 104; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Still don't get it why manufacturers race this thinnest smartphone war. I'd rather have a bigger battery.
5. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
because of people with sissy hands who can't hold anything bigger than >8mm/120g.
10. Davcoss (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Don't underestimate China, They can make everything become possible. LOL
19. Ethos (Posts: 62; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
that even samsung .. or apple that is battery manuf fail !
11. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's made in China after all, everything is possible.
16. Tcool (Posts: 39; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Try CloudFone Thrill 430x if you are not concerned about the thickness.
It has 4.3" screen and Polymer 4160mAh battery. Wow that's more than enough juice for heavy usage.
17. Ethos (Posts: 62; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Well all manuf know that battery is issue .. no one manuf can do with batt much ..
2. Kishin (Posts: 617; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Whoa 5MP for front facing Camera!! Thats amazing.
But its no coming to the US
9. akbar (Posts: 62; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
The Chinese (generally all Asians) are crazy for selfies - believe me I live there.
I am just worried for the structural integrity of the phone. So thin it might get an flexible display after purchase :)
7. keylimejelly (banned) (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
combine these 3 Vivo x3t
and u will get new Nokia brick aka paperweight
8. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 207; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Under the hood is a quad-core 1.5GHz MediaTek MT6589T processor with 1GB of RAM on board
Eh I'll pass
12. valapsp (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
well i like the knife idea but from a renown manufacturer like Nokia or Motorola and with a battery size of 3500mAh+ which Chinese proved that is possible to fit in such a thinness.
15. Socahan (Posts: 9; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Crazy statistics for crazy users - whoever gets excited about having a paper thin phone should also understand that every cut in thickness also translates in a cut in battery size, therefore in battery life. WHY? Because one cannot stand a 8-10mm phone?