- a standard, 4-megapixel color backside camera
- a 180-degree, wide angle camera (Fish eye)
- a depth camera shooting at 320x180@5Hz
- a front camera with a 120 degree field of vision
What makes 3D mapping possible in the Project Tango smartphone? Four cameras, the specs and purpose of which we now know
1. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Man this would be pretty sweet if it came to fruition.
5. Finalflash (Posts: 2202; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, until Apple or some other troll pre-emptively patents it with very loose language probably this week.
2. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1102; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Was about to make a HTC One joke with the 4mp camera...(insert punchline here)
7. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 291; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Not really a comparison the kinect is way larger and its stationary...
4. DillWeed (Posts: 133; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Sweet personal, autonomous and all seeing quad copter drones. Who needs slaves anymore?
6. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
This is innovating!
Look forward to seeing this play out, also wondering if Google goggles will come into play as support app for normal hardware.