The new Nexus 7 in flesh: unboxing video shows us everything
Why all the bravado? Well, a tipster for AndroidPolice has really taken Google's thunder by spilling the beans with a video of the unboxing and a subsequent hands-on which confirms the leaks. If that doesn't quite qualify the tipster for a medal, he's got a bunch of high-res photos of pretty much each and every crack and nook of the new Nexus 7. We even get a visual comparison between the new tablet and its bigger brother – the Nexus 10. Sure, we would've preferred a comparison with its predecessor, but we can't complain at all.
A final recap, for those of you not in the know: the new Nexus 7 comes packing a:
- Quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro ticking at 1.7GHz
- A 7-inch 1080p screen with 300 nits of brightness
- 2GB of RAM
- $229.99 for the 16GB version, $269.99 for the 32GB one
- Android 4.3
- A 5MP rear shooter, 1.2MP at the front
The new Nexus 7 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
The new Nexus 7
1. tech2 (Posts: 1299; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Looks like its gonna be a stale breakfast with Sundar Pichai. Bloggers have left nothing for the poor to unveil :P
5. sam_tek (Posts: 62; Member since: 18 Feb 2011)
Lol at Stale Breakfast Remark!
I love the way the size feels really comfortable and it looks solid.
Liking the specs/design/pricepoint combination.
If I have to be really picky, the only downsides IMO are:
1. wished for slightly smaller bezels at the top and the bottom and
2. wished for a bigger battery (if the rumours of the 4000mah are true). Hopefully the 4.3 battery optimizations help.
Great considering the price point however. Cheers.
12. Rorschach (Posts: 37; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
Great tab for the price but the bezel is too thick for my liking
2. valapsp (Posts: 440; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
I really feel bad for the person who bought the old Nexus 7 today.
3. android_hitman (Posts: 587; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
Why? it's cheaper than the new one and i will buy one for my parents.
7. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
Don't forget the awesome tegra zone with tegra 3 optimized games
10. valapsp (Posts: 440; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
Yeah i would have bought that for my PARENTS too.
4. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Brilliant looking tablet can't wait to see that screen in the flesh...
8. Mass88 (Posts: 47; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
A great price for a great tablet. The only real problem I have is the size of the bezel. I almost think Google could have put a 7.5, or even an 8 inch screen and still maintained the overall size of the device. But as long as the thing performs, which I have a strong feeling it will, the bezel will be a non issue. Rather have a solid tablet with a pretty big bezel than a lagging/stuttering one with a thing bezel.
9. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
Something is wrong with these pictures. Notice the bezel is huge around the screen. I doubt there is really a 1.5 inch bezel on the bottom of the screen. Something is fishy and its not the cod.
11. shamashu9 (Posts: 51; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Noticed the wallpaper demo? Nexus 7 II lags. There is a delay in second that is very noticeable. Androids really a lag OS.
13. MrPhilo (Posts: 41; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Your face lags. No its not the OS, it the terrible memory which Asus uses to save cost. Learn your facts first kiddo.
14. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
what's with the thick bezel all of a sudden..