The Xiaomi Mi 5 might be the first phone to implement Qualcomm's 3D Fingerprint technology
1. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4039; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
This is the fingerprint scanner I've been waiting for. Hopefully a US smartphone will have it soon after.
7. neela_akaash (Posts: 1157; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
And all this for under $400. What the heck of a deal..
2. Mrniceguy633 (Posts: 4; Member since: 01 Oct 2015)
Needs to be US bound and have an SD card slot and they can have my money : )
15. Manyci (Posts: 116; Member since: 03 Aug 2015)
If Xiaomi follows the tradition, it won't have Sd card support. That is only in the Redmi series unfortunately.
17. j2001m (Posts: 2886; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Now Apple moved alway from Emmc and moved to supper fast ssd speed, closer to ufs, if oem keep adding sd cards they will be way slow next to Apple phones in normal use
3. mdmujassam (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Oct 2015)
these ultimate features are no more surprise from Xiaomi...
4. Panino (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2015)
That's what I call innovation. Well done Xiaomi!
9. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4039; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Yup, it says so right in the article. The technology is created by Qualcomm, the first device to use it is from Xiaomi.
6. bestmvno (Posts: 251; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
3d finger printing scanner sounds a little off putting and unnecessary to me. How long until someone 3d prints images of that finger print?
8. combatmedic870 (Posts: 573; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Well....it would seem all finger print scanners would be affected by that.
10. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4039; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
The point of this is to make fps more secure, and this technology doesn't go by an image, it maps your fingerprint ridges. If someone goes through the trouble of 3D printing your finger, is it really going to be worth it for them?
12. WallStreet (Posts: 256; Member since: 21 Sep 2014)
Where is the article about best camera in town- on Sony Z5
14. AZNHA (unregistered)
everyone looking for that in PA
18. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4039; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
There, now would you quite spamming every F-ing article? I mean, were you just too stupid to find it on your own and needed a grownup to find it for you? Here's a little hint, if you want to get people on Sony's side, spamming every article isn't the way to do it.
What you're doing is more like a little kid poking someone repeatedly in the arm saying "Hey, are you listening, are you listening, are you listening, are you listening, are you listening, are you listening, are you listening, are you listening, are you listening, are you listening..........."
13. Fire5 (Posts: 295; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
Use Snapdragon smartphone is a smartphone amount ... I hope Samsung and LG continue to develop their SOC and bring something new and exclusive.
16. mewmew (unregistered)
Rumor says, Qualcomm is not ready 2h 2015, but maby 1h 2016..
19. Raghavkumar (Posts: 19; Member since: 28 Sep 2015)
This sounds pretty dope! Sammy should be hearing this!!