The M7 is HTC's rumored flagship for Q1 2013
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
how will this be any better than the Droid DNA? ........still really interested tho and cant wait :)
7. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I'm thinking they might be introducing a new version of Sense, adding some new features, and some hardware modifications (bigger batter, maybe microSD slot). That's just me though.
I'm also expecting it to fail. HTC needs to release their flagship on every carrier and market the complete s**t out of it. Only then can they stand a chance against other companies.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
without question.......and lets hope they do just that ;)
27. CellieCell (Posts: 121; Member since: 14 Apr 2010)
well said izzy, battery is always a concern and having the option of a micros SD total bonus
HTC should learn from Droid and galaxy marketing.
31. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1236; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Yup and not only that but HTC needs to put in a 4000 mAH battery or they can just go ahead and cancel the launch itself!
Plus a lighter sense would be nice....i guess they're doin somethin right with the aluminum unibody though
14. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think now smoothness is no longer an issue HTC has to work hard to optimise the software and hardware and makes the battery last longer. A ceramic-coated aluminum casing a la 1S will be a huge plus.
And hopefully the new CMO does his job well and HTC will be ripe for a comeback.
15. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Im getting a GN 2, with that giant, people r gonna think I'm a rich BLEOTCH!!!!!!!!
24. StringCheese01 (Posts: 64; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
Hopefully better battery life and expandable memory! (or at lease memory options larger than 16GB)
2. oueighteen95 (Posts: 26; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Quad core, 13MP Camera, 1080p 5" screen................1500mAh battery.
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
16. Max_Boost (Posts: 101; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Don't forget that it's also non-removable (with no microsd card slot like the DNA) LOL
23. leekielowe (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
ROTFL!! My thoughts exactly. I had the DNA and absolutely loved the phone. I was able to deal with the storage issue using cloud storage but I just couldn't live with the sub par battery life. After about 1 week, I just exchanged it for the NOTE 2. I miss that beautiful screen but I don't miss having to keep my phone on a charger every chance I got. With expandable storage and a 3000 mah battery, This would have been the phone to beat right now
4. Captain_Doug (Posts: 997; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
My one wish, on screen keys. A bigger battery and more storage would be stupendous.
6. nightstick2000 (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Don't forget non-removeable battery and charging jack on the side.....stupid. I used to love HTC products so sad to see this.
8. cretinick (Posts: 148; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Each day that passes I am more intrigued by this lack of rumors and announcements. Since the Razr HD / HD Maxx / M / i, we did not hear any more rumors...
I want to see something to compete with the Nexus 4 and Optimus G!
9. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Whaaat T_T I wanted a new phone this christmas!! aargh.
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 1299; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
So you guys are saying that this is basically going to be the HTC J Butterfly/Droid DNA but in a different body/casing? If this is going to be HTC's flagship for the 1st half of 2013 I feel sorry for them and everyone that buys this. To truly make this a flagship of 2013 they should have an S5 processor (the next generation of the S line), or at least an S4 Prime MSM8974.
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
This better not be for Verizon and hopefully it will have a big battery life if not i'll pass
13. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
But will they short it with a non-removeable battery and no microSD.
17. guest (Posts: 338; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
With a strong 1, 500 mAh to power the device. LOL.
18. MC1123 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
why 5"? its so huge to be consider as a phone!!!!
i like the 4.5" screen size more!! coz i could actually use it one hand and i will not look rediculous while having a phone call if i forgot my headphones!
19. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Another product, another name. So what happens to the one x series? Die off and nobody will know it even existed? NO brand recognition at all! No wonder their tanking.
20. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
They need to support their products. Call it the one x pro, one x next, one x phab, or what ever. They just dish out new products every month just to compete with Samsung. You watch when the GS4 comes out. Everyone will know what it is and they won't give a s**t about some M7. Unless they its a one x ... Something.
21. ckoch125 (Posts: 192; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Unless it is on all carriers it will fail like the one x
22. datsyuk (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
If the battery is big this phone will be amazing no doubt. It's a bit too close to the Galaxy S4 though for me. With Samsung using that A15 processor (hopefully the 5450) can't pass that up. Hopefully this will release to all major carriers same time, I've always like HTC and Sense.
25. Schuler2828 (Posts: 59; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Well s**t how big are phones gonna get?
28. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3724; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
"It looks like HTC is trying to push out its flagship M7 before Samsung gets the new Galaxy S IV on the market."
Yeah, because that helped them with the One X against the S3. What a joke. I want HTC to succeed, but it almost seems as if they're not interested in succeeding themselves. M7? Seriously? I hope that's a tentative or project name. What happened to all that talk about brand recognition earlier this year? All that to just go & change the flagship name again? Quietly brilliant is really starting to turn into constantly fu ck ing up.
29. Firedrops (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Something tells me that using this quarter's flagship chips in next YEAR's "flagship" isn't exactly going to kill SGS 4.
And I don't see how the current rumour specs are any different from DNA
30. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I've always loved HTC's flagship design year after year. Desire HD to Sensation... Then One X, now the M7... I just hope HTC doesn't plague itself with the same problems.
32. shamataa (Posts: 215; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I thought the DROID DNA was the Flagship phone? but I'm curious if it has bigger battery and more storage than go for it but it better be on all the carriers otherwise this could be their last phone ever by them.