Supposed Facebook Home screenshots leak before the official announcement
2. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Yup and it fires rockets by pressing the power button!
3. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5710; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i hope a launcher will launch along with the HTC First so we'll all get to try out this new Facebook experience. o:
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If it's exactly how it looks in the picture (doubt it will), it actually looks great. But one thing that concerns me is the hardware and the fate of the phone.
17. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
maybe its an ios-style launcher, u know so minimalistic and lightweight that it doesnt need powerful hardware to make it fast and smooth.
6. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Weird, i can't get my head around a whole Facebook phone. Just doesn't seem right. It will only be "right" if they actually made really good Facebook apps for iOS, Android, WP, BB, etc.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
It will have a bigger Buffer size of may-be 128MB®
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I just checked the reviews for the Facebook App for Android and here's what I found:
5 star - 3,013, 382
4 star - 1,034, 291
3 star - 777, 819
2 star - 420, 153
1 star - 1,300,332
When you have over 1 million 1 star reviews, one would think you would revamp the app. Facebook apparently finds making a phone more important than supporting their apps on OS's.
13. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
They are heavily updating the desktop version, but they have slipped on their mobile apps. I mean why?! They are the largest website on Earth and making millions, but they can't simply update their apps. Embarassing.
18. boosook (Posts: 1413; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Because I don't think they earn much from the apps...
14. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Although the current native code based Facebook android app is miles ahead of the old HTML5 based app , there are however a few problems .
1. I don't think its well optimesed for tablets , especially those with ultra high resolution screen , (Nexus 10 , transformer infinity etc ) .
2. You can't save a photo , so if you want to save a photo your friend posted you have to share and send a email to yourself or go m.Facebook.com
3. No.option to delete comments or edit them
4. The new reply feature for comments on pages wasn't here yet , you know somebody reply to your comments but you can't reply back .
5. Notifications are flawed . I set up Facebook on iPod touch , GS2 and iPad. Guess what , if I have a notification I always receive it first on those iOS device or worst sometimes the notification don't get pushed so I don't get any notification at all on my lock screen etc .
6. I would consider the iOS version more stable (no offense, just my personal opinion )
7. Last time all your photos uploaded from mobile will go into the album mobile uploades , now you can pick an existing album , but not create a new album . (Seriously ? )
7. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Wow, this really just looks incredibl.....y like something I dont want near/on my phone. Thanks, but no thanks facebook.
9. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
While I'm a pretty active Facebook user, idk how I feel about a Facebook phone. I think that's it's meant to target teens more so than others; I remember when MySpace was a thing and seeing a MySpace phone (made by Helios or something that sounded like that) and wanting it, but I was like 13. But if Facebook makes a quick speedy launcher with excellent, but not too intrusive Facebook integration, I may consider it as only a Launcher download from the Play Store. I mean, let's be honest those of us who use Facebook look at our news feeds multiple times a day (usually).
11. kazuya (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Apr 2013)
facebook is getting lame these days with its app..no guesses for me to not using fb app..bye
16. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
i would never get a facebook phone considering they archive and save every single thing anyone does on their account....im willing to bet they have a way to save every text and call u make....wouldnt put it past them to try it anyways