Sony Xperia Z2 back cover leaks along with some specs
The picture, if legitimate, reveals that Sony is moving away from the glass backs that it has been using on its high end models. Instead, it would appear that the Japanese OEM is using a metallic or carbon fiber material for the rear panel. The rumor also comes with a possible launch date, which is listed as next month. That would seem to indicate that we will see the Sony Xperia Z2 in February at MWC.
Picture allegedly reveals images of the Sony Xperia Z2 back cover
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: Digi-wo (translated) via gforgames
1. emadshiny (Posts: 997; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
If it is 5.3", then the bezels must be small as the back cover doesn't look so big.
And I think there would be no Xenon flash there :(
6. Amir1 (Posts: 127; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
it's probably not Z2, but a high end phone - not flagship.
9. Feanor (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Hmm... not sure.. the proportions look the same as Z1 or Z1 Compact which means that -considering that the proportions of the screen are fixed- the bezels will be as before.
There is also a chance that this is a rear panel of a Z1 Compact in new colour. It looks identical.
21. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Yes cause a PHOTO with no reference in it and you can understand if its big or small.
29. jpraveensn (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
If you had used a SONY flagship phone before, you could use the size of the camera hole as a reference!
2. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 687; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Yes,nice to see a real back cover other than just a dream prototype.not to mentions killer 23MP camera,wow Sony is kicking a**.
24. rency0722 (Posts: 39; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
I believe it will be still using the 20 MP Exmor R sensor, while adding up camera apps and perfecting its camera ecosystem up to releasing shutter and aperture priority on top.
3. zuckerboy (Posts: 628; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
put ips panel and get at least 10 millions sales
5. emadshiny (Posts: 997; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I think there will be IPS as all Sony phones in 2014 have IPS. Look at compact and T2 Ultra.
11. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 163; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Or make it available to AT&T and Verizon... Chances are not to many people care about poor viewing angles, the power inefficiency needs to be worked on though.
20. DTech (Posts: 4; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yep! The IPS thing will do a lot! Just make it IPS!
4. Feanor (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
How can they tell that there is no glass?
I hope that there will be though. It makes their mobile phones look premium. And fingerprints are not such a big problem, the phones are water resistant. A quick shower under the tap and presto...
10. boosook (Posts: 728; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Yes, glass is beautiful, but other materials can be premium as well and at the same time lighter, thinner and more resistant.
Averyone who tried glass abandoned it after just one year: the iphone, the nexus 4 and now the z1.
12. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 163; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
The glass on the Z1 holds up remarkably well, watch AndroidAuthority's drop test, the Z1 didn't crack at all (it didn't work afterwards either though).
That being said, Carbon Fiber, aluminum, or magnesium would look no worse than the glass.
7. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 729; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Scratch IPS. Make your own display technology. Though Triluminous wasn't so impressive. Hope they'll improve the display technology.
17. pyradark (Posts: 687; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Too bad, I enjoy triluminous display on my z ultra
Its like I carrying a small bravia TV!! Wider colors and the software tweak is so awesome(X-reality engine). Natural skin tone while the background is vibrant.
22. Teja171 (unregistered)
Yeah, you are right. I only dislike the white theme when you go to the settings main page.I wish that it were in original black colour, similar to stock android.
14. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 687; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
whats wrong with your z1s,..and back camera is it any good? just asking,..wanna get one but waiting on another flagship...
19. 21babydoll12 (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Camera is great under outdoor sunlight. Sharp but noisey when in low light. It's overrated. Honestly if you do want superior camera in the android world I do recommend the note 3. UI is lackluster though. But anything with the snapdragon 800 will operate really good no matter what.
30. timaustin2000 (Posts: 34; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Seriously? Note 3? The XZ1 might be a tad noisy in low-light but at least it picks stuff up. The Note 3 has some of the darkest and least distinct night shots going.
I've had fantastic night-time results from my XZ1.
16. 21babydoll12 (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The proportions actually looks larger comparing it to my Z1. I don't mind the large bezels since it helps me hold the phone in landscape better. Furthermore, I find myself not accidentally touching the screen as I would with my G2. Pros and cons to designs I guess. I just hope they improve on the weight. My finger joints hurt from holding the Z1.
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
another beautiful flag ship device. and i though SONY SAY no more leaks and this one got LEAKED
28. zachattack (Posts: 321; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
hello new phone on verizon that im going to most likely buy