Sony Xperia SP available for U.S. pre-order
Sony Xperia Z, was put up for sale in the U.S. priced at $629.99. But unlike the latter model, the Sony Xperia SP is not resistant to water or dust, and the Xperia SP is powered by a dual-core processor instead of the quad-core silicon found on the Xperia Z.
If you're interested in a mid-range Xperia model with a nice sized 4.6 inch screen and a decent battery (2370mAh) with Android 4.1 installed out of the box (which means that Project Butter, Google Now and actionable notifications are all already installed on the phone), click on the sourcelink to pre-order the Sony Xperia SP.
source: SonyStoreU.S. via AndroidAuthority
1. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
That's really pricey, and it's not even quad-core yet
2. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1025; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
That's actually not that bad considering that this scored BETTER than the Xperia Z in most benchmarks.
4. pyradark (Posts: 687; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol, SP beat S3 Quad core just with dual core
3. Avenger337 (Posts: 59; Member since: 14 Apr 2013)
It's very good package for high midrange, clear that the Z is better but the SP is a dual core which needs not envy some quad cores. The Xperia SP is a great smartphone.
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
That battery and size is why I would buy it
6. najib1312 (Posts: 79; Member since: 08 May 2013)
U can get 1 in Malaysia for RM1099 (USD 350). I don't know y Sony products r always overpriced in US. Even Xperia T in here is only RM979 (USD 320).
8. Omarc07 (Posts: 189; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i agree sony over here in the US is overpriced There are way better phones from Samsung, htc.,etc. than the ones sony makes for much less.