Self-combusting iPhone caught on camera
1. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Thinking what will Apple say about this??
You're holding the Iphone wrong...!
10. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I think Apple will actually ask, "well what type of pants was he wearing"
14. rf1975 (Posts: 254; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
No. This is because the iPhone was in Nokia's territory. (I mean in Finland close to Nokia’s headquarters).
18. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Apple will say
"yep they are selling like hot pan cakes. There you go the proof why iPhone is sizziling/sexy hot"
31. cnpthe3rd (Posts: 79; Member since: 01 Feb 2009)
official apple reply...
nothing happened you were seeing dust on the security camera lens that appeared to be smoke. The iPhone does NOT self ignite because the fine people at apple would tell you if it would do so and no one told you your iPhone could self ignite so it simply can not do so
if you simply do not place the phone in a confined space like a pocket it would not be able to build up heat and ignite why on earth would you want to spend so much on such a fine device and hide it in a pocket what the hell is wrong with you if you have a problem with it getting hot you can get a batman utility belt with iPhone holster and built in cooling fan
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
There's been way more incidents of the iphone exploding vs ONE SGS3.
3. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
But there is more iPhone users out there compared with galaxy .
Remember I am comparing iPhone with galaxy s.
Not iPhone with android
26. matrix_neo (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Be specific dude!! It's not iphone with android but with galaxy s.... then what version of iphone? Ah I know now iphone from 2007 until 2012 including iphone 5 or the new iphone are the same. Obviously yes. Father, are you not feel bored about it?! Lol!!
You're iphone is losing it's crowning glory, having an os that most android users enjoy using it when android eclair was released.
We will be having a party with jelly bean, you're welcome to join but make sure JB is installed in your iphone. Lol!!
34. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Actually I plan to change into a galaxy nexus .
I wanted a OneX but updates are slower .
Sales show the there are more iPhone 4/4S vs galaxy s2/s3 combined .
I am just pointing out a fact .
I hate you type of fanboys that Bash people just because I say something negative against android
If I state a fact , doesn't mean I owned an iPhone
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Karma has given Apple the sign of what will happens if ban the competitor device
21. Birds (Posts: 1154; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
At the expense of a cute Finnish boy's leg????? No Apple should just quit at life!!! lol
17. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
But actually iPhone got exploded first. They are seeking ban on SIII for the recent explosion, they are proving it is inherited with Apple so no one can use it. :P
6. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Cooking eyesheep alive. :D
8. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
I WANNA EAT SOME iMUTTON!!!
16. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
When you buy an iPhone you get extra fireworks
7. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Are we sure that the phone wasn't a replacement or a repaired unit from a third party shop, like the one in Australia?
Not an iPhone fan, but they generally don't combust. There could have been some extenuating circumstances.
23. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah, there has to be. That is way beyond something that should/could/has happened due to standard manufacturer defect.
9. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'ld like to post this in my FB wall, one of my friend is a fan of Apple and telling he never hear a iPhone burnt.. :D
11. adi4u4882 (Posts: 137; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Apple will surely implement it in iPhone 5.
And their sales will break the previous records
because it will be widely used by Terrorists.
15. rf1975 (Posts: 254; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I think Samsung will beat Apple by introducing a improved version of this feature in next Galaxy series phone.
13. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Actually when Samsung GSIII explode there were chance to tell that the charger was wrong, what about now?
19. marchels14 (unregistered)
ha ha ha burn baby burn.
20. Birds (Posts: 1154; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I hope the kids alright. If that were me, i would have left it on my pocket pretending I didn't notice till it started to burn me badly. Then i would have sued in vengeance of Samsung. Just me being insane here move along....DON'T RELPY!!!!!
24. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Apple heard that the Army was going with Android and developed this. Those f**king terrorists won't even know what got 'em!
25. flipjzn (Posts: 252; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
When the recent SGS3 burnt or something, people said Apple was behind it.
So, is it ok if I say Samsung is behind this?
No. Things happen. Cud have been worst. Hope the guy is alright.
I just hope my Xperia S doesn't burn while I'm driving, I'd panic and crash! Lol
27. plgladio (Posts: 314; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Yes you could as long as you don't like Samsung products. :D
28. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Well I'll be. This was great. first time I saw a iPhone incerated itself. must be a new app that does it automatically
29. CellieCell (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Apr 2010)
a few things came to mind while watching this video 1) it's on qik. qik is a social video app, where i noticed the video was a bit shaky. at first i thought it was from a security camera then i watched closer. 2) i turned up the volume and i heard a persons voice a moment later after his pants started smoking.
now i'm sure this could be possible but with this in mind, i don't think it actually happened the way it was... possible hoax or delibertly caused.... just saying, the video was a bit skecthy.
30. Amro_ (Posts: 12; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
They used a mobile phone to film the screen that they were watching the surveillance video on. That's why the video is on qik and why the video was a bit shaky
36. Spiguhe (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Lets all feel superior and happy and circle jerk to celebrate this joyous accident... Apple baad Google good... apple telephone burned hahaha we were right all along we are smart and superior cellular phone master race lets murderize all apple iOS peoples to eradicate our promised google earth off of these inferior cellular beings...
you smart phone nazis are sad sad fags, sorry, but you truly are (just an opinion of one HTC user)
37. debkinwv (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Aug 2015)
My grand daughters Iphone 6+ caught on fire and Apple is refusing to replace it. She had just rode down the road and went into the gym and laid it down on the floor. Later a woman noticed that it was on fire. Not smoking but on fire. It was purchased in April 2015. I think this is a shame that a company as big as Apple refuses to replace it. It almost burned a hole in the floor and smoked up the whole room full of children and adults.