Samsung starts pushing Premium Suite for the Galaxy S III
After taking the time to familiarize us to the contents of the Premium Suite (not once, but twice), Samsung is finally ready to start with the roll-out. Beginning with the UK, the Galaxy S III Premium Suite will become available today, and will hopefully start popping up as an update in other countries soon.
The update actually brings quite a few new features, not all of which will make you question how you've lived without them, but some will definitely prove useful. For example, the Best Photo camera mode will get upgraded to Best Face, allowing you to separately choose the best... face for all the people in your shot, so that everyone can be happy with the final result. Another example is the Multi Window view, which enables you to run two different applications side-by-side.
Feel free to check out the full press-release below for a complete list of all the features that will make their way to your Galaxy S III after the Premium Suite update gets installed.
Packed with enhanced features to provide an even more effortless and innovative experience
20th December, 2012, London, UK - Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., today announced a Premium Suite upgrade for its flagship smartphone the Galaxy S III, further improving the experience with innovative and even more convenient features.
Samsung is committed to providing customers with the best mobile experience by continuously offering an operating system upgrade for its devices. As part of this effort, Samsung has recently provided the Jelly Bean 4.1 upgrade for the Galaxy S III, and will bring even more enhanced features to the phone through the upcoming Premium Suite upgrade. Consumers around the world have already enjoyed the elegant intelligence that the Galaxy S III brings to their lives and the Premium Suite package takes this to a higher level.
The Galaxy S III Premium Suite upgrade will include many of the innovative and productive features newly introduced by the Galaxy Note II:
Multi Window: Effortlessly utilise two different applications side-by-side simultaneously for an ultimate multitasking experience.
Fun and Easy Photo Experience:
· Through Samsung Gallery, view more photos at the same time and also intuitively create and categorise photos and videos
· Exclusive to Samsung, the Paper Artist app offers a variety of fun and creative picture-taking effects. It also provides intuitive emotional photo editing functions such as the brush coloring tool
Group Cast: With Group Cast on the Galaxy S III and a Wi-Fi network, share and collaborate on documents, presentations or images in real-time with multiple friends or colleagues without loading the file separately. This is now a stand-alone app, rather than part of Allshare Play, making it is easier to access.
· Smart Rotation: the device detects and recognises the user's face, automatically rotating the screen direction to adjust to the user's face position
· Contextual Tag: tag friends/location/date to the photos/videos/voice memo taken or recorded
· Contextual Page: the device detects when the earphones are plugged in, automatically opening up the music player
Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to 'Auto Share Shot' mode, quickly share photos and videos by simply tapping the Galaxy S III with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices.
· With the new 'Best Face' feature, an improved version of the previous Best Photo feature, choose from five continuous shots the best face of each person in the photo, to create an image that satisfies everyone
· Low light mode is added to allow bright and sharp photos to be captured even in dark places
· Capture amazing scenery by using Panorama mode, now expanded to 340~360-degree
Other advanced and convenient features on the Galaxy S III.
· Continuous Input: Using one continuous finger/stylus motion across the keyboard, users can type words faster and easier
· AllShare Cast: Wirelessly connect the Galaxy S III to the television to immediately transfer smartphone content onto a larger display
· Smart Dock: TouchWiz interface allows people to adjust the phone setting to automatically switch to a relevant UI when a device is connected to the docking station
· Improved touch response: Enjoy even faster and smoother touch response on the Galaxy S III
· S Beam: By simply touching another S Beam-enabled device including Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S III mini, the Galaxy S III allows a 1GB movie file to be shared within three minutes and a 10MB music file within two seconds, even without a Wi-Fi or cellular signal
* The UK roll out of the Galaxy S III Premium Suite upgrade begins today.
** All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
*** Android, Google, Android Beam, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads are trademarks of Google Inc.
15. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Does it offer the 5.5 inch screen?
I didn't think so!
19. tedkord (Posts: 5106; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Don't worry, the great devs at XDA will work the 5.5 inch screen in to it.
2. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
it is a really great year from samsung, not only s3 is a very successful device, they also keep on giving new features. considering this is a half year old device, samsung is giving a very excellent support
3. meloth1991 (Posts: 21; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Ohhh boy!! Cant wait!!! Does it bring any update to s voice?
4. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
i don't think users will care about it, most of them use google voice search rather than Svoice
6. frydaexiii (Posts: 1239; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Who the hell still uses SVoice? I just wish they would completely remove it and allow google voice search to be activated by double tapping.
8. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I think this actually can be done by flashable zip, but no one has done it yet
17. MAXXtreme007 (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I have a SGS3 and can't wait for this update to be implemented in the ROMs, but just curious, why can't someone come up with an app like Activator for iOS on Cydia? Imo, that would be super nice to have for any Android device!
20. tedkord (Posts: 5106; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
There's a great app in the Play Store called Home 2 Shortcut that lets you set the double tap of the home key to whatever app you like. I don't think it requires root, but I haven't used it in a while so I'm not positive.
Note, you have to launch S-Voice first, go into its settings, and unselect the setting that says to open via home key first. Then launch Home 2 Shortcut and set it up.
5. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
thanks to xda-developers i'm enjoying it on my s3.
11. SellPhones82 (Posts: 557; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
On one of the US versions or the international SG3? I'm on XDA Sprint Development SG3 thread non-stop and have not seen anything yet.
14. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
The international one. I still can use photo sphere and multi window though im on 4.1.2.
18. MAXXtreme007 (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Yes, but so far at least, it's only international. :P If only Verizon would stop being so picky with their products. :P
Thanks to XDA though, I'm sure all us in the U.S. will have it soon enough! :D
7. Gaytor (Posts: 51; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
I cant get enough of recording the drawing and watching my drawing like a cartoon ! I just cant believe somebody would skip Note2 for iphone or something else .
9. nexusalltheway (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
!Samsung can never stop impressing me with these awesome features.
10. Klamba92 (Posts: 205; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I Flashed the official update that was released in Europe I think it was Poland. So I just wanted to know have I got the same version of 4.1.2 premium suite or should I get the official update for UK users once its rolled out?
13. sagemda (Posts: 25; Member since: 20 Dec 2012)
well i got the poland one too, and it got the same features as this one like multi-window, page buddy and everything else so...yes i think
12. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Now it's the SIII is getting some GNote2 love.Wanna bet that Tmobile get it first?
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2550; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I would think so too, but keep in mind that Sprint's S3 got JB first.
22. Twisted247 (Posts: 254; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
All I'm saying is Samsung had dawn well better hook up the Note 2 with features from the s4 in an upgrade or I will end up flying to South Korea and going postal on some fools. I don't believe in doing what they are, with Androids sure but with touchwiz NO.
It just disrespects all the consumers who went out and spent the extra buck to get the gn2 even at the subsidized price.
23. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2550; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
That makes no sense. Note 2 owners still have a bigger, faster phone with an S-Pen. If you're happy with it, then it shouldn't matter what S3 owners have.