RIM to continue supporting BlackBerry OS 7 as BlackBerry 10 rolls out
Heins says that RIM still has a "significant R&D team" working on the software, and the continued success of the platform in the Asia Pacific market gives the Canadian manufacturer a reason to continue supporting the OS build. Heins also hinted for the first time that the legacy models might be cut in price and sold to cover a lower end price point. He even hinted that BB10 hardware could be sold with BB OS 7 inside, "...because for those messaging-oriented markets, it’s an exciting platform and its a really perfect platform."
"So no, we will support those on-boarding, entry-level smartphone markets. We will continue to support them with BlackBerry 7, and you might expect us to even build one of the other new products based on BlackBerry 7. Because for those messaging-oriented markets, it’s an exciting platform and its a really perfect platform."-Thorsten Heins, CEO, RIM
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Will rim support playbook as well? Because that's crucial as well...
and I also hope the CM team works on this qnx based os so that we can root this bb10 in order to be cydia killer... Just sayin lol
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5155; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Don't know about Playbook. Maybe not, since sales volume just was not there. OS7 is a different matter. If RIM bailed on OS7, that would be suicidal, and RIM doesn't strike me as being suicidal. At least not yet.
15. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm thinking of that too lol
16. stychill (unregistered)
the playbook will be getting BB10 as well, just at a later date, after the launch.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
o no the world didnt end? damn another prediction gone wrong :(
guess its making the bible look more and more correct these days lol
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
That means I can keep on hanging out with you!!! Lol :p
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
yes wendy thats what it means...........sigh... lord help me
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
o and wendy u should evolve into an ampharos now lol
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Wow you play pokemon? AWESOME!!! :D
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol you Google it... That's sad :(
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
haha no i already knew what mareep evolves into jus wanted to show u some cool pics of ampharos :)
13. wendygarett (unregistered)
Oh ok, I will change my avatar for you :)
5. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1304; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
and that also means apple can keep taking your money :D
6. Nikolas.Oliver (Posts: 1304; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
MC1123 a.k.a pikapowerize doesn't appear anymore for whatever reason
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
Because you are annoying and naughty... They will never came back to see you again lol
17. stychill (unregistered)
This isn't new, its been confirmed long ago by rim, they plan on having the os7 devices serve as low end models for awhile.
18. slaggyb (Posts: 163; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This is why I love RIM, they won't just dump BB7 cos BB10 is at the corner unlike samsung who won't update its last years flagship to jelly bean.. Its ridiculous knowing that the galaxy s ii beats the so called samsung galaxy s3 mini hands down in every aspect from the processor to the screen etc but won't taste jelly bean.. F U samsung.