RIM to continue supporting BlackBerry OS 7 as BlackBerry 10 rolls out
Heins says that RIM still has a "significant R&D team" working on the software, and the continued success of the platform in the Asia Pacific market gives the Canadian manufacturer a reason to continue supporting the OS build. Heins also hinted for the first time that the legacy models might be cut in price and sold to cover a lower end price point. He even hinted that BB10 hardware could be sold with BB OS 7 inside, "...because for those messaging-oriented markets, it’s an exciting platform and its a really perfect platform."
"So no, we will support those on-boarding, entry-level smartphone markets. We will continue to support them with BlackBerry 7, and you might expect us to even build one of the other new products based on BlackBerry 7. Because for those messaging-oriented markets, it’s an exciting platform and its a really perfect platform."-Thorsten Heins, CEO, RIM
1. wendygarett posted on 21 Dec 2012, 01:25 1 0
Will rim support playbook as well? Because that's crucial as well...
and I also hope the CM team works on this qnx based os so that we can root this bb10 in order to be cydia killer... Just sayin lol
14. Droid_X_Doug posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:45 0 0
Don't know about Playbook. Maybe not, since sales volume just was not there. OS7 is a different matter. If RIM bailed on OS7, that would be suicidal, and RIM doesn't strike me as being suicidal. At least not yet.
16. stychill posted on 21 Dec 2012, 08:26 0 0
the playbook will be getting BB10 as well, just at a later date, after the launch.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Dec 2012, 01:56 1 0
o no the world didnt end? damn another prediction gone wrong :(
guess its making the bible look more and more correct these days lol
3. wendygarett posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:01 1 0
That means I can keep on hanging out with you!!! Lol :p
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:07 2 0
yes wendy thats what it means...........sigh... lord help me
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:26 1 0
o and wendy u should evolve into an ampharos now lol
9. wendygarett posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:28 0 0
Wow you play pokemon? AWESOME!!! :D
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:29 1 0
11. wendygarett posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:34 0 0
Lol you Google it... That's sad :(
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:36 1 0
haha no i already knew what mareep evolves into jus wanted to show u some cool pics of ampharos :)
13. wendygarett posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:44 0 0
Oh ok, I will change my avatar for you :)
5. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 2 days ago posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:17 0 0
and that also means apple can keep taking your money :D
6. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 2 days ago posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:18 1 1
MC1123 a.k.a pikapowerize doesn't appear anymore for whatever reason
8. wendygarett posted on 21 Dec 2012, 02:27 0 0
Because you are annoying and naughty... They will never came back to see you again lol
17. stychill posted on 21 Dec 2012, 08:28 0 0
This isn't new, its been confirmed long ago by rim, they plan on having the os7 devices serve as low end models for awhile.
18. slaggyb posted on 21 Dec 2012, 09:55 0 0
This is why I love RIM, they won't just dump BB7 cos BB10 is at the corner unlike samsung who won't update its last years flagship to jelly bean.. Its ridiculous knowing that the galaxy s ii beats the so called samsung galaxy s3 mini hands down in every aspect from the processor to the screen etc but won't taste jelly bean.. F U samsung.