Nexus 5 appears in black and white on Dutch retailer, release date set for Oct 30
Update: And just moments after we published this, the retailer has pulled the option to actually pre-order the Nexus 5 along with its release date, specs and on-contract pricing. All of this smells fishy and someone might be losing their jobs over at Belsimpel for prematurely leaking the next Nexus smartphone.
Otherwise, everything we know about the Google Nexus 5 is once again reiterated in this listing. The Nexus 5 is said to feature a 5” 1080 x 1920 pixel full HD display, a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon system chip, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage for the basic model, an 8-megapixel camera with optical image stabilization and a 2300mAh battery.
What do you think, could Google surprise us and quietly unveil this today? We for once will be hitting the refresh button on Google’s Play store today more than once. Take a look at the link right below to see the Nexus 5 listed for sale over at Belsimpel Netherlands.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!
source: Belsimpel.nl, Tweakers
1. in_core (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I surely do hope google releases it today. Does not matter quietly or loudly. The wait is killing me
9. EgyDroid (Posts: 109; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Yeah I don't get why some people aren't happy with releasing it without a huge conference
Just release it already.
2. Retro-touch (Posts: 264; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Its getting annoying I'm ready to buy it but they're really wasting me while taking forever to release not to mention a leak of some sort daily
3. danwatson (Posts: 102; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
The only reservation that I have is with the battery. I really want to use my phone and not need a charge by 5pm. It is between the N5, G2, and the Note 3 and the battery is pushing me to the Note or G2
5. in_core (Posts: 80; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
same story. concerned about the battery only
17. Navaid (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
For battery go to Note, LG has a track record. One OS update & G2 is destroyed..
4. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
the great white buffalo apears again , hope we catch him soon , elusive mammal this one :|
6. Knightmare64 (Posts: 29; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
The Blogs are making this wait much worse then it suppose to be with all there "theory" and fake assumptions UGH!!
7. valapsp (Posts: 483; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
PA YOU'RE WALKING ON MY NERVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8. EgyDroid (Posts: 109; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
another day. another date
I'm getting depressed.... :(
10. Takeharu (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
That's $620, if this is the prize for the European version then Google truly hates Europe...
14. xfire99 (Posts: 566; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Its normal prize here in EU and Nexus 4 was also around that price when it release in EU.
15. Takeharu (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
That doesn't change the fact that you're still paying $270 (€196) more compared to the U.S. They could've at least made it €350 so it matches the U.S. pricing better (Or even €250 which is almost $350 ($345))
16. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1158; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
A lot of products go for the same price in euros as they sell it in America in dollars. Don't know why, but it sucks. And we are dependant on retailers, since the Google playstore doesnt work in Netherlands :(
11. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Hmm... There's also a new KitKat picture update on twitter with 1 KitKat bar.
12. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Aha! I can finally link now:https://twitter.com/KITKAT/sta
13. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Sorry for the triple post, couldn't edit my post after 6min.
Could it be that Google will announce the Nexus 5 & KitKat later today or tomorrow evening. (Around the same time that Google leaked it on the Play Store) because that is when night meets day (dark touches light)?
I'm probably over-analyzing the picture, haha.