Next iPhone likely won't support LTE or WiMAX
1. angel rosado (unregistered)
Everybody should have the chance to have the iphone5. lets make it happen Apple
3. Synack (Posts: 663; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
If a company utilizes Wi-Max properly then it can have almost as good battery life out of 4G as 3G. Also Wi-Max has been around for a while now so I'm sure they've made much newer, faster, smaller, and less energy demanding Wi-Max chips. I think the iPhone5 needs and deserves Wi-Max.
4. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's a marketing nightmare though. I think Apple would rather have a straightforward answer to the question "Is the iPhone 5 a 4G phone?"
6. Alantef (Posts: 279; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
no point if you dont have the speed to do anything "sexy"
8. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
Damn! Oh dear. This thing will still smoke the competition in the way its predecessor did but no LTE is not good.
9. DoctorWho (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Aug 2008)
No 4G? Pass for me. That was the only feature I was truly looking forward to in the next-gen iPhone.
Waiting for Nexus Prime! Give us some more leaks today!
10. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
HSPA+ is a far cry from wimax speeds?! Isn't HSPA+ faster than wimax?
12. bossmt_2 (Posts: 430; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
The lack of LTE is more the bummer. And for Sprint users, WiMax is much faster than EVDO. It hurts Verizon and Sprint not to have 4G. Sure not the AT&T users as much since LTE isn't launched fully for AT&T.
11. bossmt_2 (Posts: 430; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
It's not shocking, pretty much everyone was saying this was gonna happen. When the original iPhone launched it was a 2G device when damned near every smartphone on the market was 3G. Anyway, Next year's iPhone will be the new one, this year's will be the 3GS to the iPhone 4. Their big improvement is iOS features.