Mystery LG handset leaks, could be the LG Optimus G2
The leaked photo shows off a curved glass, thin bezel and a reflective earpiece. For those who were thinking that this could possibly be the rumored LG Nexus 5, you won't find a shred of Nexus branding anywhere on the picture. For the moment, we might go with evleaks' guess unless we can come up with something better.
source: evleaks via AndroidCentral
1. imkyle (Posts: 1051; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
LG impressed me with the Nexus 4. If this turns out to be the Optimus G 2 and then the Nexus 5 spins off of that device... I say bring it LG.
8. asingha94 (Posts: 295; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
I had an optimus 2x & now I own a lg optimus 4x..i also kind of impressed....my next android will be be from lg no doubt!
2. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
A LG device that actually looks good? Now I've seen everything. :p
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What do you mean? LG smartphones have gorgeous designs! For example, the Optimus G, Optimus G Pro, Google Nexus 4 etc.
23. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
To be honest, Samsung is the only Manufacturer that doesn't make good looking phones. LG, Sony, HTC, Motorola and Asus makes awesome looking phones.
3. dorianb (Posts: 542; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Can someone clarify the "curved glass" statement. We talking curved around the bezel, or Nexus S type curve?
10. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1113; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Probably around the bezel based on the picture and the way the Nexus 4 was.
5. hung2900 (Posts: 884; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
A little bit looks like GS4 without the physical button
18. hung2900 (Posts: 884; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I said a little bit only, what's wrong with it? Who can prove that there is nothing similar?
PhoneArena is now not a place for making opinion.
Sorry to say about this, but there are soo many brain-wasted haters.
21. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
D comments can speak..
Look, i can see this leak as a beautful device like d gs4 bcoz of thin bezels..
Seems like it is also plastic and u dont need a clear vision to see that it really looks like the g pro.. but look at d samsung haters here in comments section, they are praising d handset while they bash gs4 haha
Beautiful like gs4 bcoz of thin bezels and curved edges_yet gs4 can only receive d bad feedbacks
Looks like plastic, and similar to g pro_yet gs4 is d only thing that can receive bashers rdculous comments hahha
25. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Who gave me d red marks haha? Im telling what ive obsrved..
This mystrious device looks beautiful like d g pro, and looks like d s4 but s4 seems to be prettier bcoz the flashy curve effect in the top edge of this myst dvice disturbs the looks of it.. yet d sammy haters are praising it whyl bashing s4 haha
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The "mystery" LG handset looks very good! Bring it on, LG!
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
no buttons, thin bezel, interesting design. looks promising LG.
9. MariaGabriela (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
everyone knows how to design expect Samsung they suck.
12. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1113; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Samsung CAN make awesome looking phones. Unfortunately, they usually save those designs for their non-android phones such as the Wave series devices. Those phone were sexy.
11. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 416; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Blue Screen of Death, now on Android! lol
Anyways, I like the look. Hopefully the back looks good too~
13. xperiazdroid (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 May 2013)
it kinda looks like it has been photoshopped.....
15. TNesmith (Posts: 13; Member since: 05 May 2013)
You know if this does turn out to be the Nexus 5, I wouldn't mind at all. Now if it were... I do find it odd that the LG branding is on the face of the phone... I know you people of the internet will correct me, but no recent Nexus (that I can think of) has had the maker's branding on the front.The branding is usually on the back as it was on the last two Nexi(?). Now if this were the Optimus G2, it's interesting that they'll go with the Google-standard on-screen buttons. Either way the device itself looks great but then again it could be just a prototype.
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I know it is your opinion, but there's nothing wrong with the placement of the LG logo, it is very sexy, I love it!
Just like the HTC One, the placement of the logo is also at the bottom face of the phone, oh and don't forget about the BlackBerry Z10!
19. bnick25 (Posts: 38; Member since: 05 May 2013)
Awesome looking but dont expect this phone out anytime soon at least until android 5.0 so we should see android 4.3 first and waiting snapdragon to annouce 800 series so I dont see it at least till end of summer
20. mydi.maus (unregistered)
think nexus 5 will look better then this,might be OG2.
22. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The Optimus G2 defining features are eye scrolling which are slightly more advanced than the GS4, meaning the phone's cameras will know when your eyes stop at a point on the page and the pinch to zoom feature which can also be done with the eyes wide open too, though you will look really weird doing it. This is supposed to be the phone with software which LG described as being partially self aware of it's surroundings, remember they did point out a phone with google now like senses coming out this year and this looks to be it.
24. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Looks great on the outside but we all know the BIGGEST PROBLEM with LG is optimization of software as well as plain updates to handsets. Lg is putting on a great face luring people into it's crusty trap with the battery draining Optimus G and the battery draining Nexus 4. Now they have the overheating Lg Optimus Gpro that wanna be Galaxy Note 2 fake. Lg isn't going anywhere to soon that's for sure..