Motorola announces July 28 event; new Moto X, Moto G, and Droid models incoming?
1. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (limited) (Posts: 1133; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
It's good to see Moto without Google more than a year
Looking forward to this
2. Augustine (Posts: 1043; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
The current Moto X at $300 is a terrific value. I don't expect the new one to be priced at $300, but hopefully still a good value for not much more than that.
3. Ruturaj (Posts: 1329; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
Not so terrific value. I would rather get htc one m8 for same price (and flash GPE rom), or add 100-120 more and get nexus 6, or add 200 more and get S6, better choices.
7. uzimafioso (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
Yeah but do you know about the battery dying issues of M8. 5 of my friends have M8. 4 of them had to get batteries replaced after a year and two now have dents on the back of their phone cause of that
8. Ruturaj (Posts: 1329; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
Didn't know that, and I thought it was user replaceable (now I know it isn't) so never really cared.
12. Augustine (Posts: 1043; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
HTC One M8: $500. N6: $600. S6: $700. While these are excellent phones, they are far from being a comparable value.
13. SamDH1 (Posts: 419; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)
What a pointless reply and comparison to other devices. It's amazing value, you could buy almost two Moto X's instead of an S6, which is the whole idea of value devices; not to spend more money and get the current flagship-of-the-year.
23. Ruturaj (Posts: 1329; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
I am not talking about msrp, check prices on ebay. On ebay you get
S6 for 500, One m8 for 530, N6 for 450. (all new)
25. Augustine (Posts: 1043; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Those phones on eBay usually come from other regions of the world supporting different bands from the US. For instance, a listed Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F doesn't support 2G or 3G on band 4, so it's handicapped to work with either AT&T or T-mobile, especially in the countryside. In the US, only the models SM-G920R, SM-G920V, SM-G920A, SM-G920G and SM-G920P are sold.
Besides, the prices you quoted are at least 50% higher than the Moto X, so they don't seem to me as good a value as it.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12979; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
There's better value out there. You can do much better for $300.
9. Augustine (Posts: 1043; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I'd glad to learn about better deals, please.
10. Scott93274 (Posts: 4605; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Don't bother with the delusional rantings of a brain damaged simpleton like Mxyzptlk, The guy's butt hurt over Motorola and has been trolling them for a long long time. The Moto X is a poor deal to him but paying twice as much for a smaller batter, half the RAM, and the same amount of storage is perfectly acceptable for him.
17. Scott93274 (Posts: 4605; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
That's probably due to the fact that you have your head up your @$$... Or maybe you've moved on from sheep and actually do have your head up a bull's @$$. You're into some really sick stuff.
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12979; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
M7 is $199 on best buy. The S5 is about $300. The Asus Zenfone is about $300. The Nexus 5 can be bought for about $200. Unlike Scott jenner I'm not talking with my head stuck up my butt.
19. Scott93274 (Posts: 4605; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
No, you heave your head shoved up the butts of various barn yard animals. See post 16 & 17 for clarification.
21. Augustine (Posts: 1043; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Used or discontinued phones... enough said.
27. xaugustx (Posts: 14; Member since: 24 Mar 2013)
See how much xperia z ultra costs in US. Buy that if it pleases you and it should. It's 6.1mm and glass + metal. SD 800 adreno 300 etc.... Amazing specs+ looks at an insanely reduced price.
4. surethom (Posts: 673; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
The moto g 2013 upped the midrange phone category but the 2014 & this 2015 are not upping anything :(
5. Zylam (Posts: 754; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Seriously hope the camera knocks it out of the park.
11. DRS1977 (Posts: 431; Member since: 27 May 2015)
I am really hoping they show the new 360, I don't care much about their phones.
14. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1236; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I hope the Moto X comes more compact this time. Let's cut them bezels down please! I need a phone I can use one handed.
24. Coconut00 (Posts: 479; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
I think they put 3 cities to announce 3 phones. They put Sao Paulo because Brazil is one of the key markets for the G
26. Andrewtst (Posts: 631; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
After buying the Nexus 6 which give me huge disappointment. That will be my first and last moto product.