Lumia 900 hits stateside delay – rumored to hit AT&T April 22nd
While it is not abundantly clear what exactly is causing the delay, BGR previously noted that the Lumia 900 had not received technical acceptance so this latest delay is probably related to that.
While the date is changing, the price remains the same. The Nokia Lumia 900 is expected to be priced at an extremely competitive $99.99 when signing a two-year commitment with AT&T.
1. simplyj (Posts: 402; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
This isn't good. The Lumia needs to hit AT&T sooner rather than later.
5. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yeah, these delays aren't helping the WP cause.
2. tward291 (Posts: 557; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
come on tmobile why you couldnt pick this up i want a dame good windows phone not no dame radar
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
900 has LTE. T-Mobile doesn't.
3. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
come on already!!! delay after delay!!! are they having vendor problems?
4. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Technical acceptance? From whose point of view, the FCC? Fudge, and I was eagerly looking forward to this! More FUDGE!
6. ReturningToNokia (Posts: 130; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Neither Nokia, Microsoft, or ATT EVER stated a release date or price for this device. The rumor was started by Paul Thurrott, who is to Microsoft what Eldar Murtazin is to Nokia!
So sad that many 'believed' the rumor of a March 18th release date. Needless to say, those same people will most likely believe that this device is only going to be $99.
Sad because when people believe rumors, and when those rumors are totally squandered with 'the truth', these people are not only disappointed, but they go on to bad mouth the product and/or company.
At the end of the day, though, one deserves to be disappointed when they believe rumors.
8. Dumbfounded (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
By that logic rumors are never true 100 percent of the time. Though disappointing that the device is not coming out sooner, I don't see anybody badmouthing the Lumia 900/Nokia. Nice try pal.
For those wishing it did come out this month, they would have announced it if it were to come out next week. Clearly they would not want such a release to go under the radar.
As for pricing, I expected 150-200 on a 2 year contract.
17. ReturningToNokia (Posts: 130; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
You obviously haven't read any of the reactions across the internet with regards to this new rumor!
And do you think that Paul Thurott is going to sing praises if the release date is not March 18th or if the price is not $99? No. He will bad mouth and criticize his 'source', bad mouth ATT, Microsoft and Nokia - essentially point fingers as to why the egg is on his face.
7. Zenzui (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Possible delays are from the carrier who wants to load a bunch of bloatware to the OS. Lock and remove some of the feature that would make the user buy it from the carrier services.
10. Dumbfounded (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
You can uninstall bloatware on WP7. Atleast on ATT
9. Jyakotu (Posts: 812; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
They need to at least start advertising this phone NOW.!!! Who cares if it isn't available right now.? At least get people talking about it.!
12. tward291 (Posts: 557; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
im talking about it and im not even on att as i want to keep my soul and not sell it to att
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5177; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I WANT THE NOKIA 808 Carl Lens HERE IN THE U.S. I'll wait for my SONY iON to appear. no thanks Nokia
14. joey18 (Posts: 486; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Why they anunce the phone 3 months ago they dont know for sure when they releast the phone so nokia lumia is getting cold for now people are going to wait any hot phone in the market coming out not the nokia so gs3 or htc windows RIP
15. dkpitman (Posts: 35; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Mid April is still better than Q4... Sprint is making it easy to look elsewhere
16. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
With the HTC One X coming out soon, this is not so good for Nokia or Windows.