Leaked iPhone 5 screen protector suggests a touch-enabled home button, larger screen
1. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:03 6 5
WOW. Just show me the real thing. I am waiting Apple.
18. pass on this one. (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 10:34 2 4
after 3 years with apple, i will say goodbye. the iphone for me is just not the phone i want no more. its not groundbreaking nor enticing once it first came out. its like i had the same phone for 3 years already. so long apple you been great but you guys should hire some new software engineers. android here i cum!
26. taz89 posted on 15 Sep 2011, 13:56 5 1
go for the gs2 device..you will not be disappointed
36. SMB posted on 16 Sep 2011, 08:40 0 0
have fun going from a smooth running machine to a OS that has more bugs in it than my dog's sh*t! (Android)
35. adddd (unregistered) posted on 16 Sep 2011, 01:52 0 0
I smell an iDog.
37. remixfa posted on 16 Sep 2011, 13:16 0 0
so whats the big deal about this "gesture button"
you know its just a nice way of saying "we stole the touch pad from a blackberry" right? lolol
2. dcgore (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:05 3 2
Now, it is getting interesting!!
8. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:29 3 3
a screen protector looks like a phone? I can no longer take you serious
12. phantomash posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:46 1 1
True. but then again, they're just counter attacking Samsung by copying their devices this time.
14. bobfreking55 posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:56 2 3
Yup. It is probably like a SGS2. I think apple patented this long before SGS2. SGS3 would be buttonless and sexier than that piece of crapple iphone.
7. Commentator posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:28 5 3
Sorry, not seeing where you're going with this.
38. cheetah2k posted on 16 Sep 2011, 17:38 0 0
Personal attacks are against forum rules
39. gomulkaaa posted on 16 Sep 2011, 23:13 0 0
Who cares, exactly? It's an internet forum, not a session of congress or a corporate meeting...
41. cheetah2k posted on 17 Sep 2011, 01:37 0 0
Well fcuk you too
13. Commentator posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:49 3 1
Wait! I get it now! He's talking about how Apple tries to patent any small device that you play with in the palm of your hand! That's why he brought up all the penis stuff!
5. SpanishDeveloper posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:23 4 2
This is insane! Apple, it's about time to anounce the next Keynote.
Probably it will be next week, what do you think guys?
15. ayephoner posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:58 1 1
they really do get people pumped.
i've always been excited for their keynotes, but i've never been this excited about the keynote announcement.
they should let us know something next week or the week after. but, the keynote wont be until the end of sept.
6. Commentator posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:26 1 0
Really, it was the size of the earpiece-cutout that gave away the front-facing camera? I would of thought that since there was one on the iPhone 4 there would also be one on the iPhone 5, but I guess my logic doesn't... uh... necessarily... follow.........
10. iKingTrust (banned) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 08:30 1 2
lmoa. i could hear how you were saying this
16. jldleo posted on 15 Sep 2011, 09:15 1 2
"Take it with a pinch of salt and due precautions, but this certainly sounds exciting - imagine the possibilities coming with a touch-enabled home key!"
Is this all it takes to arouse an Iphone fan.. Wow
17. yann posted on 15 Sep 2011, 09:19 1 3
It's like a gathering of most naive people on the planet - apple fan boys.
19. Dj21o posted on 15 Sep 2011, 10:37 0 0
I personally didn't like the push-in home button. It wears out way too fast. Capacitive will make the device easier and less hardware teardown. Constantly pushing that button in would give me carpal tunnel lol.
20. taco50 (banned) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 10:41 0 0
Article is full of fandroid bashers as usual. Sounds like you're all crying over spilled milk. Why are you all so jealous of the iPhone?
25. Commentator posted on 15 Sep 2011, 13:08 0 0
I'm not sure why Android fans are hoping that the next iPhone is gonna suck. I personally hope it's the best phone ever built. That way, Android handset-makers will up their game and churn out even better phones, so Apple will feel uneasy and make an even better iPhone 6, and so on. This happened with the iPhone last year. Every iPhone through the iPhone 3gs was basically the same thing because Apple pretty much controlled the American smart phone market, and was gaining a lot of ground on Symbian overseas. After the Droid and other successful Android phones launched in late 2009, Apple went "oh sh*t", put their noses to the grindstone, and came out with a phone that actually had new features to compete with Android (front-facing camera, high-res display, thinner design, camera flash, etc.)
22. yellowboy (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 11:45 0 0
Man this phone has to be the best kept secret in the history of products. Almost any highly anticipated product or device would have been leaked by now. It is unbelievable how apple have been able to keep this thing hidden. Maybe music labels need to pay steve jobs to train them how to keep their cds from getting leaked.
27. darth8ball posted on 15 Sep 2011, 13:57 0 0
That is it I've given in....Between the onslaught of taco, miz gemini iKing and gallito.....
AND the awesome sight of this screen protector, I'm giving up on my anti-apple ban and will be buying an iPhone 5.
28. Tmachaveli posted on 15 Sep 2011, 14:00 0 0
Just bring the dam phone out all ready and lets see what it can do..i will save my judgement intill it comes out.but it better bring it ....
29. taz89 posted on 15 Sep 2011, 14:01 0 0
i know its all rumours but if the rumours are true then the iphone 5 is catching up to the gs2 and other dual core android phones...iphone 5 bigger screen-android got,slimmer-android got,dual core-android got etc etc...for me to consider the iphone 5 it will have to surpass my gs2 but i doubt it and i will be just as happy with my iphone 4 with ios5.
30. Striker (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 15:02 0 0
Ahahahaha! Dude, you sure are high if you wanna dump iOS for Android, buuut human stupidity is endless, they say :)
32. Ant (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2011, 16:33 2 1
I don't really have any feelings either way for Apple or Android or any other mobile OS but it seems to me that Apple are just playing catch up now, and as they only currently release one mobile phone a year (or less) they may need to consider changing their business model as the technology is moving way faster than this. They need to keep every under wraps as they need to launch one hell of an innovative product for it to be a market leader for a year..
Maybe the true competition will come between Windows Mango and Android. Maybe Apple will start launching a bigger range of phones - other manufacturers have multiple handsets in the market so surely Apple could do that too.
34. Commentator posted on 15 Sep 2011, 23:40 0 0
Well, I typed something here before and entered it, but then I decided it wasn't what I wanted to say. Seeing as I can only edit my post and not delete it entirely, I guess I'll just fill this in with whatever comes to mind. La de da de da. Ho de hum. De derp de derp de tweedely tum te derr...
42. dean (unregistered) posted on 23 Sep 2011, 04:48 0 0
what a boring design