Leaked VZW deck reveals Samsung i770, Treo 800w and more
This article contains unofficial information.
Other information in the deck includes a confirmation of Verizon's PTT plans, though no release date is mentioned. Lastly is the Novatel Global USB data card, slated to launch in 3Q08 with dual-band EVDO Rev. A, tri-band UMTS/HSPA and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE so international travelers can truly be connected wherever they go. Hit the link for the full presentation.
source: Engadget Mobile
1. jamesvillan22 posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:42 0 0
verizon! wont be happy about this !!! who ever leak this info should get fired its ok when they leak info or pics on phones but corporate presentations thats really mess up who ever did this should get fired! on the spot!
34. (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2008, 15:27 0 0
Get a life, Its a consumer advantage to get these leeks. You must be an "uncle tom, Corporate gassed" geek:) to feel the way you do.
2. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 15:32 0 0
WHO CARES? All of those phones are digusting (ugly), the only interesting item is the Integrated chip for computer Don't even get me started on the PTT phones.....come on VZW you have to try harder ...all I'm waiting for Is the LG Dare hopefully that'll be July 4th
4. jamesvillan22 posted on 02 Jun 2008, 15:52 0 0
shut up lol and i work for verizon and i seen the Dare!!!!! phone rocks 2bad u cant see it haha!
5. bono (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 17:11 0 0
if you've seen the dare when do u think it will actually be released and how was it
9. jamesvillan (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 18:36 0 0
the internet its the same as the voyager full HML cam OMG! 3.2 sweet it should be release for july 4 is still under testing so it may be sooner or later it all dependes if it pases the testing face
11. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 18:55 0 0
Will it have MobileTV?
13. sinfulta (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 01:55 0 0
It does not have a full HTML browser and it does not have a 3.2MP Camera. It has a detachaable bluetooth, and the phone is very finished looking on the front...think shine series, The back is a navy blue. Don't fee people information. Launch date is end of June, not July. No specific date as of yet. People that work at VZW can check infomanager it's already there. So please don't feed us with stupid comments and made up stuff jamesvillan and get off the board if you can not contribute.
14. sinfulta (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 01:58 0 0
Sorry was referring to the Decoy. Either way there is not release information on the Dare yet. Only the Decoy.
16. (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 06:23 0 0
Well read above and you'd get the question.
24. jamesvillan (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2008, 16:38 0 0
u sir are a morron ur talking of the decoy! lol!!!!!! and i have seen this phone 2 it hasnt came out yet do to interference with the bluethooth u really need to learn how to read cause u suck!
3. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 15:44 0 0
These are all boring and ugly phones. When they announce the Dare officially, and it comes out, then I'll talk.
6. the champ (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 17:39 0 0
missing dare and new BB at least these are just some phones coming out and a spread sheet given out to the data team, IIRC it was released via endgagde mobile by "htckid" who always leaks these spreadsheets, obviously he works on the DSC or data side of verizon wireless.
7. VZWREP (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 18:27 0 0
wow...i smell unemployment
10. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 18:54 0 0
I don't think that would happen. Like #6 said, it's not a big phone the the Dare that they leaked.
25. jamesvillan (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2008, 16:41 0 0
no.... they didnt leak a really important phone like the Dare but insted they leak a HOLE CORPORATE PRESENTATION!!!!! WITH FIGURES MONEY INVOLVE AND INFO ONLY FOR VERIZON EYES!!!!!!!!!! thats mess up! that person should get fired!!!
8. vzwtech (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 18:32 0 0
i760 is not global..lol
12. (unregistered) posted on 02 Jun 2008, 20:39 0 0
I guess I'm in the minority, but I think the i770 and 800w sound interesting and am looking forward to them. As for the leak, hey, it helps Verizon in that it gives me some reason to stay with them. If all there was was their current ho-hum selection of PDA phones for the foreseeable future, I may have taken my business elsewhere.
17. (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 11:28 0 0
The i770 was released two year ago. http://www.engadgetmobile.com/
31. (unregistered) posted on 10 Jun 2008, 18:34 0 0
tahts not the same phone.....
15. Okiah (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 04:38 0 0
Look, it -is- a big deal someone leaked these. Plan and simple, it's a breach of security - pictures or exact info. Judging from the pictures, this has to be done by someone ranked as a manager or higher because sales reps don't get these presentations.
18. D4TBOYC (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 11:37 0 0
Looks like this person didn't take vzw integerty in action training that we were suppose to have completed last month about keeping vzw info confidential. We'll I hope he gets caught fired and sued
26. jamesvillan (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2008, 16:44 0 0
i agree with u friend! this Rat ! people like this give us a bad name ..................(buy us i mean verizon employes!)
19. tgolds (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 11:57 0 0
I am tired of this sites pop ups, damn every 5 seconds.
20. (unregistered) posted on 03 Jun 2008, 16:03 0 0
21. BERZITO (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2008, 02:54 0 0
I LOVE FIREFOX POP UPS? NEVER HEARD OF THEM
22. (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2008, 11:01 0 0
You must have a diffenrent Firefox than I do...lol
27. jamesvillan (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2008, 16:44 0 0
yea what the hell men! its really anoying! they need to fix this!
23. (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2008, 12:33 0 0
Is 'ruggedized' a word? lol
28. jamesvillan (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2008, 16:45 0 0
i guess soo?!!
29. (unregistered) posted on 05 Jun 2008, 00:36 0 0
Well...hopefully I'll be able to get a hand on LG-Prada for Verizon tomorrow for a day. You heard it right...LG-Prada for Verizon.
30. (unregistered) posted on 06 Jun 2008, 18:42 0 0
I gotta say I saw the i770 today and was actually quite impressed. That picture is very unflattering. I know people will probably roll their eyes and say yea right but I don't care. I know a guy who works for Samsung testing their devices on the VZW network. I ran into him today and he popped out the 770 and I got to take a peak. It looks much nicer than in the picture provided. One of the things that I found interesting was that the black "button" on the front is not actually a button or directional pad at all. It's a sensor that you drag you're finger across to move kind of like a trackball without the ball. Very interesting and I would love the oppurtunity to spend a little more time trying it out. Also, it is definitly going to be a Global phone as they may be sending him to Europe to test it as well. All in all the i770 is an interesting phone and quite possibly could be a suprise once people get their hands on it.
32. (unregistered) posted on 11 Jun 2008, 20:52 0 0
please let us know if you get any further info from your guy at Samsung! id really like to hear more about this phone thanks
33. (unregistered) posted on 17 Jul 2008, 07:40 0 0
i spoke to an employee at the verizon store yesterday who had talked to her regional manager about the i770. she said it is not going to be released for Verizon. I'm not sure if she was just saying that so i buy a different phone now or what, but thats what i heard.