- 1GHz dual-core ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8500 chipset
- 4-inch qHD display
- 8MP Exmor R camera
- 1GB RAM and 16GB ROM
- Android Gingerbread on launch and upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich later
Images of the first Sony (without Ericsson) phone surface: the Sony Nypon?
1. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
This...Looks...HOT. Best thing they did was replace the snapdragon with the Ericsson chip :)
3. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
WOW that is one good looking phone...cant wait for more just sony devices...my next device might actually be a sony if this is just the start cant wait for their quad core device
4. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Sony are the best at design
Have you seen the very nice Xperia active ?
5. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
That thing looks huge to be only a 4" screen.
7. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i hate to say it but by mid next year this phone will probably be a mid-range device :/ if they released it now however it would be a monster to not be toyed with. i hope they release a true quad core sony device next year. sony could compete with samsung if they try hard enough
17. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1231; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Yeah i feel like sony doesn't know how to play in the mobile market. They have the products, just not the timelines.
22. Firedrops (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
mid-range? It'll be in the lowest-range of smartphones. Hardly a phone anyone will give a hoot about.
8. samda (Posts: 52; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
Future Sony upper mid-range phone. Somewhat the successor of Xperia neo. Nova Thor 8500 is an entry level dual core actually.
Anyway, THIS is how I want Sony flagship to look like! Not like the Nozomi
9. omarc26 (Posts: 360; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Dam thats a good looking phone! I just hope it makes it to a US carrier . Because all the good sony and nokia phones only go to european carriers.
10. belovedson (Posts: 977; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
this is exactly what i was looking for what are the chipset specs!
11. snowgator (Posts: 3556; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Sony is going to be a player. I am sure impressed with this. It will be fun to see Sony come out strong in 2012.
13. theBankRobber (Posts: 676; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I want a Experia play 2 with L2 and R2 buttons ;)
14. ngaleku (Posts: 4; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
me like this phone guyz but disappointed with 1GHz dual-core
15. kayeeman566 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
now who is going to buy a XPERIA ARC ... everyone is going to wait for this YUMMY thang ... this leaking thing should not be done
18. bighandssmallpockets (Posts: 67; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Would love this phone on VZ but you know they would NEVER consider a phone with a screen that size unless it is a low end phone. boo hoo
19. ThomasFlowerchild (Posts: 12; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
1 GHz dual-core
4 inch screen
8 megapixel camera
So, this is a mid-range phone?
Because when this phone launches high-end phones will have quad-core. And 8 megapixels? Common, the Satio had 12 megapixels and is 3 years old or so...
Give us a better camera than the Nokia N8 and I would be happy
20. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
Totally agree with you! Looks great, but by the time it launches it will be mid-range phone!
21. TheNewMe (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
In mid 2013 Quad cores will be Mid-Range......
23. JonnieEnglish (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
This is not a Nyphon, it's a Xperia Arc and someone has photoshoped the branding. The bottom of Nyphon it squared not arc'ed and the side view on Nyphon looks more like an iphone 4s. This is bad info.