Galaxy S7 may launch for cheaper, LG G5 tipped to spar with it directly at MWC
26. j2001m (Posts: 2758; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Hahahhahahahahahhahahahahah, this is a very bad idea lg, look what happen to the htc last year, it's like going up next to Apple and showing off your phone at the same time,Samsung will be on sky and the bbc and lg will be a no show, no phones apart from nexus are even offered from lg at carphone in the uk
39. rsiders (Posts: 837; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Except that LG really is beating Samsung on hardware features these days. Besides design, battery life and the camera very, very slightly, LG beat Samsung in every category last year in my opinion. And with the promotional deals they offered and the fact that the V10 was cheaper on my carrier than the Note 5, I ended up with LG and boy have they rewarded me with an excellent phone and experience. Samsung still has the brand name and marketing but LG is doing more.
44. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 392; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Besides camera, battery, battery charge speed, screen quality (color accuracy, white balance, contrast), performance, and style, sure, maybe the V10 has something the Note5 doesn't have. Software maybe? Definitely, DEFINITELY not any hardware advantage.
2. tarek1980 (Posts: 278; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Good from LG, hope they will come with something cool.
8. NonFanBoy (Posts: 141; Member since: 28 May 2015)
Its not the hardware, but the software where LG fails big time compared to other manufacturers. HTC on the other hand fail with the hardware with their below par cameras and monotonous design even though they have very good software.
People can bash TouchWiz all they want, but the truth is that the new TouchWiz is one of the most battery efficient with loads of features and most importantly, very smooth with the changes this year. The introduction of themes has gone a long way in allowing customization for those like me who are not a fan of the bright colours in stock TW.
12. abdoualgeria (Posts: 295; Member since: 27 Jul 2015)
Touchwiz in s7 will be smoother then ios
41. Sidewinder (Posts: 394; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
I found the touchwiz 5.1.1 surprising smoother and faster on the J2 compared to the stock 5.0.1 firmware on the s4
14. vuyonc (Posts: 983; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
Personally, I would attribute Touchwiz's new found speed to the sheer speed of UFS 2.0 storage in flagships over that of eMMC 5.x in other phones.
16. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
its not software... I was interested in g4 due to removable battery and sd card, but g4 has weaker soc... the leather feel pretty cheap and they also used very cheap looking plastic in plastic variant... in comparison, matellic grey color Plastic of LG G Stylo look very premium...
17. Hallyu (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
Well, from my last experinece with G3, its software and system is not that bad. I mean, everything worked just fine, not as smooth as Touchwiz or vanilla. But I guess the reason why people complain about it because of its cartoonish looking. If that's the case, people should relax and see that the latest version of it will be significantly improved in both performanace and looking.
45. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 392; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
The last great LG device in comparison to what's available was the G2. The G3, G4, and V10 have fallen short.
19. Xperia14 (Posts: 304; Member since: 01 Sep 2015)
Sony's UI is the most battery efficient of them all. It's also very smooth btw.
23. BattleBrat (Posts: 1431; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
No, Sony phones are loaded, I had a Note 4 and currently have a Z3V the note 5 and Galaxy S6 if anything, cut features. This Sony phone is FAR more optimized, runs smooth as silk.
36. BattleBrat (Posts: 1431; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yep, I had an M8 beautifully optimized as well.
3. Avishek (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Sep 2014)
Come on LG, am expecting a lot this time. Surprise us!!
4. Kumar123 (Posts: 445; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Go LG go. I will support you. This year android market will be dominated by LG (hopefully).
5. manojmcn (Posts: 389; Member since: 16 Jul 2015)
"Galaxy S7 may launch for cheaper" - The catch here is, the standard S7 will be the least fancier among the 3 (or 4) versions and it alone will be as cheap as the standard S6. These analysts are the curse of Samsung every time, blowing up wrong expectations. The beneficiaries are the tech mag people who write big stories on these expectations and when reality strikes will criticize.
6. artificialintelligence (Posts: 147; Member since: 05 Dec 2015)
Looks like the G5 will be a S7 killer after all Sammy is so scared that they have already discounted the S7 price
9. manojmcn (Posts: 389; Member since: 16 Jul 2015)
Yup, there are yet to recover from the shock given by G4 which now sells at the price of Galaxy A7(lol 2015 one) which was launched 6 months before G4.
10. sergiobr (Posts: 690; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
If battery is bigger and removable + SD card + camera sensor (1/2") + lowest price + metal body + iris scanner == Winner ! That's the simple equation
13. banglazbless (Posts: 106; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
Says you? Lmao. I'll move on now, because I don't want to interrupt your wet dream.
29. donfem (Posts: 639; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If the so-called killer is extremely irresistible, irrespective of the S7 price slash, it will still outsell Samsung you would believe right? However, it does not work that way.
7. Hallyu (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
S7 & G5 would be the best in class smartphones in history. Long life both Samsung and LG
20. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 757; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
you admire both bcoz of patriotism, not bcoz of their efforts in technology. I think your opinions are totally biased. Same like some indians suggesting to name android after indian sweet just bcoz CEO is indian. These companies are global companies and not bound to one specific country. They are totally professional and mean business. Plz Grow up and be mature. By your mindset americans should only appreciate apple and japanese sony. I also admire LG and samsung for their efforts in technology, not for a silly reason.
24. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1468; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
agreed. This guy "Hallyu" is supernova renamed.
27. Hallyu (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
Dude you just get me wrong. I never encourage patriotism here. I never ask or tell anyone to love Samsung, LG or Apple based on their nationality... This article is all about Samsung's S7 and LG's G5, and that's what I was talking about.
32. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 757; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
then its ok.
Lg and samsung really rocks
11. sissy246 (Posts: 542; Member since: 04 Mar 2015)
Artificialintelligence you know what a rumor is. No one knows what it will sale for tell it is out.
I like LG and almost bought the V10 but got note 5. If V10 would have had a S pin type pin I would have gotten it. I do use the pin a lot.
15. vuyonc (Posts: 983; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
I'll be interested in LG again if they can finally surpass the G2 in battery life after 2 FRIGGIN YEARS OF TRYING AND FAILING, local dimming backlights in the display just in time for the rise of HDR media and PDAF to further speed up the camera.
30. wargreymon (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Unless they do 4K and mess up badly I think G5 will be fine in battery life. SD820 seems to be very good compared to SD810/808.
18. hanabi (Posts: 177; Member since: 08 Oct 2015)
Korean war 2016 (they are both from south tho..)
21. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 757; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
doesnt matter. Their battle for market share will benefit us.
25. oozz009 (Posts: 469; Member since: 22 Jun 2015)
LG sure has become really interesting for the past two years.
35. BLSEOTB (Posts: 330; Member since: 24 Mar 2015)
The price is the deciding factor whether I get the G5 or S7.
37. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1819; Member since: 29 May 2014)
LG has been on a roll since the G2 and Nexus 4. They've really caught my attention. Loved my G2, Nexus 4 and 5 and G4. G3 was good too but had a few issues. My V10 is amazing and if the G5 is going to be as good as they say, I may jump my line for it.
Had the S6 and S6 Edge Plus for a while but traded the Edge Plus in for the V10. I'm more an LG fan than Samsung but Samsung makes great phones.
38. hakn5897 (Posts: 20; Member since: 19 Dec 2015)
samsung doesn't care about lg... lg is not rival of samsung. samsung only care about apple and chinese market. that is reason why they launch s7 for cheaper price.
40. Marduch (Posts: 46; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
This year the battery life will determine who´s flagship will succeed better.