BlackBerry wins patent suit
The suit started out involving six patents, but half of those were dropped. Had BlackBerry lost, the decision could have played havoc with the company's financials considering that NXP would have been entitled to triple damages had it won. The trial began on March 24th and the jury required just one day of deliberation before reaching a decision.
While BlackBerry had no comment, NXP said it was disappointed and would start "investigating all options for appeal."
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
BlackBerry can't afford to lose any money atm.. If the appeals go through, time to cross the fingers once again.
7. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Why? because I've read the article, then came up with what I've posted above after reading it.
3. darkvadervip (Posts: 333; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I'm not a blackberry fan but I'm glad they won
8. o0Exia0o (Posts: 399; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
And with that comment you win the internet for the rest of the day! +1 to you.
11. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
That comment has absolutely nothing to do with this article, wrm2013.
9. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Good job, BlackBerry! Now you can focus on more pressing matters.
12. jroc74 (Posts: 4943; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
If they would have lost this....I believe this would have been it for BB. Reminds me some tech case years ago. Whoever it was, after they lost the lawsuit....they basically disappeared a few years later.