Beware of the robot! Android device shipments to reach record one billion this year, predicts Gartner
1. Tommy1960i (Posts: 119; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Yes because android has 50 $ devices and 800 $ devices. This is the only reason why it is so high on numbers because there are coutries with many people that cannot afford a medium or expensive device.
4. Tommy1960i (Posts: 119; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Android is big
And it is wise
Try to get rid
Of your old device
6. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Are you sure it has nothing to do with Android being an awesome open-source piece of work powered by one of the most awesome companies on the paalnet Google and being available on some of the most awesome devices out there...like my Note 3? :)
13. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Mines 2, Non LTE, Exynos A15 version
15. quakan (Posts: 1357; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
It has everything to do with affordability. If Android phones were only high-end, expensive phones then the platform market share wouldn't be as high.
20. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
a good example is the Lumia 520 , if microsoft kept its high seat , it would have been half the market share by now , so budget phones are the real breadwinners here
24. quakan (Posts: 1357; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Not the breadwinners, just the market share winners and even that's posed to be a struggle for budget phone manufacturers.
9. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
KeyLimePie should make the OS, twice smoother than KitKat
Refresh frame-rates should be 90Fps, current is 60, IceCreamSandwhich was in 30Fps.
AndyRubin needs a kick in his back, or he needs to be fired! for not providing quality apps, that are found in Apple iOs. iOs apps tend to be large files to download, consisting of 40+Mb of it's file vs Android.
There should be 5000 pure quality rich apps. On Android providing evert sector of aspects.
Apple apps are quality! Than Android.
11. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Won't they move on to "L" after "K"itKat?
Also, Andy Rubin isn't with Android any more, he left it last March.
28. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
wow, dude, there are plenty of quality apps for Android available, and Google's job is not to make all of the apps....
10. zig8100 (Posts: 227; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
The IPhone 5C is basically 50-100 bucks. The 4s is still available and its free. People sound really dumb when they say Android has low end phones. Apple always uses its last year phones as its low end phone. Always! So no excuses!
14. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Those are on contrat prices. Most countries don't have contract dependant purchase, in which case, the iPhones become quickly expensive.
As for Android selling many, i'd be worried, considering its Google. I want some company like Jolla with their Sailfish OS or Ubuntu phone to give Android a run for its money.
18. blazee (Posts: 407; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Ok then lol i hope your next phone runs on sailfisih OS then lol. Google just minds their own business and continues to make great innovative products with minimal to zero profit margins for themselves. So no im not worried about Google, matter of fact i rather it be Google than anyone else (especially not microsoft or apple).
29. alterecho (Posts: 1098; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
"Google just minds their own business"
Maybe you should too.
"make great innovative products"
"zero profit margins for themselves"
Thats appreciatable, but, behind the veil is advertising.
No bussiness does anything if doesn't bring in cash.
"So no im not worried about Google, matter of fact i rather it be Google than anyone else"
Thats because you're scroogled.
17. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
the 5c in most countries cost around $800+ , a low end android can cost around $60 , and a decent model for $500
19. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
agree to that ,at least 2/3 androids are usually mid range or low end devices , companies like micromax have android devices for $60 off contract
27. simsation (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
4s free 5c 50-100. Dont blame the cheaper devices because apple has them to.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10437; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So um.. Recycled article.
12. Commentator (Posts: 3665; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Luis and Daniel are fighting to the death. Whichever article gets the most hits wins.
Standard Phone Arena procedure. Why do you think that "Phone Arena is now hiring!" banner is almost constantly up there? It's a very cutthroat system, which is why their quality is always so impeccable.
16. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I think Daniel is gonna win. He chose his Cover Art way better!!!
5. SuperAndroid507 (Posts: 251; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Even though there are *some* websites that states the Windows is more popular...
7. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Android is used in phone, tablet, robot, TV box, console, soldier gadget, NASA satelite, car and even in stove. It's the beauty of android.
I can use BBM in stove, WTF!?
21. indiebandit (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Dec 2013)
Windowsphone 8 is coming for that #1 spot! so ios and android better look out.ftw
23. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I had to read your post a couple times before realizing you forgot the usual /s tag.
Post of the day.
25. wilsong17 (unregistered)
lol just like the window 8 phone store fail miserable
26. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
lol , better wish for some apps first