Best Buy inventory system says the HTC ThunderBolt is to be released on February 21
It's important to note this is the in-stock date of the device, but according to the tipsters at Phandroid's forum, this is the launch day of this powerful phone as opposed to its out-stock date, which is February 24.
Either way, the HTC ThunderBolt's release is nearing, and we're most eager to spend some quality time with this powerhouse of a phone. Are you getting one?
1. Das70 posted on 16 Feb 2011, 07:01 0 6
Good. Now all the impatient babies will stop crying.
2. msa1988 posted on 16 Feb 2011, 07:19 5 0
Can't really blame everyone for being impatient. I dunno if you have heard yet, but this phone, the first 4g phone for Verizon, is kind of a big deal (like Ron Burgendy).
10. kocho (unregistered) posted on 16 Feb 2011, 14:47 0 0
1) I'm getting one. This phone is amazing. First 4G LTE phone on Verizon!!!
2) Phone Arena- the "outstock date" appears to be 2-24-2013 in that screen shot.
3) "Das70"- I can see your point, but I don't think anyone is crying like a baby here. We are probably more similar to children waiting impatiently for a new groundbreaking 4G LTE toy!
3. Das70 posted on 16 Feb 2011, 07:36 0 6
Yeah yeah. I know, I know. Just like Sprints big announcement was a big deal, just like Verizons big iphone announcement was a big deal etc. etc. You know how those turned out. These big deals seem to wither away once they come about. They arent that big a deal. Its a cellphone. Its not going to do much more than any other smartphone. I cant wait to hear all the bitching and moaning once the device is release. boo hoo bad battery life, freezes, speaker not loud,.........LOL
9. narley posted on 16 Feb 2011, 13:06 0 0
are you a moron? you think the iphone coming to verizon has "withered" away?
let the big boys take this one, your opinions are a little far from truth.
4. orielwindow posted on 16 Feb 2011, 08:05 2 0
I'm excited for this! I switched from the Incredible to the Pro and although I really enjoy my qwerty keyboard on the Pro I miss the HTC Sense skin of the Incredible. So I'm hoping to switch back to the HTC brand when this is FINALLY released!!
5. Ralston1983 posted on 16 Feb 2011, 08:08 2 0
I think I may get this phone and sell my Droid X on ebay. I heard the HTC UI is a lot better.
8. Rich (unregistered) posted on 16 Feb 2011, 12:40 1 0
it is. ill never switch from HTC. i have the incredible now but im going to get the thunderbolt. moto phones have been hit or miss to me. HTC has been phenomenal.
6. vaheredity (unregistered) posted on 16 Feb 2011, 10:04 0 0
This will be my first Droid\HTC phone (coming over from Blackberry) so I'm excited to get this and try it out. Did anyone else notice that the Feb. 21st date on the picture is the In Stock Date but the Street Date is blank? If I'm reading that correctly, it means that BB will have them on the 21st but not that it'll necessarily be released that day. Hoping I'm wrong though! :-)
7. skymitch89 posted on 16 Feb 2011, 10:21 0 0
Goes with the teaser video from Verizon. 3+2+1=6. 6 days from launch of video until launch.
11. john (unregistered) posted on 16 Feb 2011, 14:49 0 0
this phone probably broke the reccord in all time for the most release dates on a single phone wtf they do this on purpose
12. LionStone posted on 16 Feb 2011, 16:54 0 0
yea, the most release dates from everyone else, EXCEPT Verizon, which is the only one that matters.
14. jdavis2037 posted on 17 Feb 2011, 05:02 0 0
Am I getting One ? Hell to tha flipping yeah Im getting one , I have been following this device since project name to Production !
15. DROIDFANX posted on 17 Feb 2011, 11:25 1 0
exactly LionStone, everyone was tring to say Verizon delayed the launch due to the iphone, but all of those early release dates came from people who don't know squat. There would have been "no way" that the bolt would launch @ best buy before it would launch @ Big Red.