Apple's logo is considered 'blasphemous' in Russia as a sign of sinful behavior
Apple might even have a defender in the country. Political party Yabloko is against what it sees as a "clerical police state" in the country. The party is railing against what it sees as a battle between the Russian Orthodox Church and "secular civil society". That would make the party an ally of Apple's if the Russian Orthodox Church ever makes an issue out of the Cupertino based firm's Apple logo.That, and one other thing. It seems that Yabloko, the name of the party, is also Russian for Apple.
source: Interfax (translated) via CNET
10. andynaija (Posts: 305; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I don't know about it being an apple but for sure it was a fruit from that garden.
23. tiara6918 (Posts: 1200; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I'm pertaining to the company not the fruit itself
25. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Let's all pray for Apple...
Dear God...we all have come to know the truth about the forbidden fruit here in technology world. Please cleanse each and every processor and help us understand what the RAM has done. Let the 8mp camera not lead us into temptation but deliver us from the half eaten Apple. And help those who are lured into the premises of the logo. Let Your grace be with us who don't like 'SIN' at all. Amen!
26. rorafu (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
what a nice prayer... God bless all apple users!
13. -box- (Posts: 3537; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So apple is greed/selfishness and idolatry, McDonald's a symbol of gluttony and sloth, hmm, what else is there?
19. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1207; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
It got wore after the pride flag colors were re introduced by Tim
20. Azure01 (Posts: 126; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Could've sworn I heard it was pomegranate...
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I wonder who those 5 people were who thumbed you down?
Well we all kinda know there are 3, but other 2, mmm? +1 from me.©®™
2. techytechtech (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
how about first taking care of porn first ? oh wait the priests and nuns are at it so its ok. but an apple sin OH NO LORDY LORD.
reminds me of hocus pocus villagers
5. PAPINYC (Posts: 1956; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
So you're saying what the priest did to me under the Altar wasn't a reliGious act?!?
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Ok, I understand mostly all of Apple's products are named after "iSomething," but please stop putting stuff like iDiot and reliGious. It's really annoying and just plain old. What I mean is capitalizing the letter after the 'i.'
And yes, I'm being serious.
8. techytechtech (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
you were served baptism from the devil, child, THE DEVIL!!
3. PAPINYC (Posts: 1956; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Apple's hedoniStiC LoGo represents iSinners all over the World.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Good this is how arrogance needs to be dealt with.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 5842; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Well this is something you don't see everyday. Anti-Apple seems to be catching the eye of people, even if it's as little as things as this.
31. webOSlove (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
Let me make this more clear, i HATE apple, damn them for all i care. but what irritates me more, is people throwing around their religious views as if anybody gives a damn
15. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
"Of course, those familiar with the story of Apple know that the apple portrayed on the back of the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad represents the famous fruit that allegedly fell and conked Sir Isaac Newton on the head leading to the discovery of gravity. "
Really now? So why is the apple bitten into then? If its just the story of sir issac newton then does the history of Issac newton ever record that he bite into that apple he found? I dont think so, I feel the apple here does indeed represent sin or the forbidden apple found in the story of adam and eve.....To me, I see the apple iphone kind of like the women Eve as well......beautiful.........and SIMPLE! remind you of anything now?
If not well how about the urge to have the iphone no matter what "the cost"? Just some things to think about
16. JunkCreek (Posts: 379; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
i remember the fruits was called fruits of knowledge. dunno what the relevance, but it looks like fruit of knowledge but, how could fruit of knowledge beaten by man made Android OS?
17. phil2n (Posts: 466; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
this was reported by google news 1 week ago..
btw. they are sinners because they are overpriced
22. tedkord (Posts: 3779; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
To the Russian Orthodox Church, this represents sin Of course, those familiar with the story of Apple know that the apple portrayed on the back of the Apple iPhone and Apple iPad represents the famous fruit that allegedly fell and conked Sir Isaac Newton on the head leading to the discovery of gravity.
Sir Isaac then rushed out and patented gravity, and began suing anyone and anything that came down after going up.
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
After this claim, Apple will announce that everyone will get a serpent free along with every iDevice.
O John, Tim Cook, hell, all of Apple needs to get baptized!!!
Those of you who think this is valid can pray before you dip your devices into the holy water! Amen!
28. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If you read the biblical story it was not specified it was an APPLE - so this story and the Russian church are both FAILS.
29. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
And, if you read the story further you will find that we were all supposed to be vegetarians...I mean eating red meat does take years out of a life as the body has to work harder to digest it.....interesting.
30. networkdood (Posts: 5248; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
of course after the Flood, they were told that it is ok to eat animals...hmm, sounds like the APPLE company...
32. yajia1 (Posts: 103; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
One of the reasons religion is for stupid people.
33. yajia1 (Posts: 103; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
The fruit was not called 'fruit of wisdom' for no reason. You must not take a bite from the fruit of wisdom or you'll die. The Bible wants everyone to be stupid and stay away from knowledge so they can control us. Only stupid people practice religion.