Android 4.0 ICS is rolling out to GSM versions of the Google Nexus S starting today
The good news came directly from big Google themselves, as they specifically mention that GSM/UMTS variants of the Nexus S will be getting the tasty ICS update starting today – with the roll out expected to go on throughout the course of this month. Obviously, that spells wonderful news to the AT&T and T-Mobile versions of the handset, but as far as the Google Nexus S 4G for Sprint is concerned, it’s anyone’s guess still on when it’ll get the anticipated update.
source: Google Support via The Verge & TmoNews
1. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Plz plz plz ics on the g2x before Christmas. Idc if its cm9, another rom, or an OTA update. But please give me ics.
3. Netolic (Posts: 142; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
they said within 18 months... thats what samsung said
i have the skyrocket and i wish before 2012
4. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
But this isnt Samsung own phone it's google baby!
15. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 302; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
idk not really anymore... i maintain that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is simiply a part of the Galaxy line... no longer a true Nexus phone...
2. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
My friend will flash his Nexus S over my face ..guarantee! when we meet up tonite :(
14. kayeeman566 (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
i did that like a month ago ... loool .. cm9 already working
5. legendary (Posts: 3; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
come on gs2 18months is way too looooonnnnnggggg
8. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
gs2 US versions probably get it later...international version will be getting it soon Samsung said early q1..there's already been a beta leaked version for the international version so am guessing we will see soon...people.forget that outside the US the original galaxy s international version was the 1st phone OEM phone to get gingerbread....
6. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
In Canada we will get our s2 update in April...still too long to wait for ICS
13. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
to those idiots thumb me down what's your problems? period?!
7. rjbp64 (Posts: 28; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
Samsung said 18 months for the release of ICS, but they also said on the 14th that the GNexus wouldnt come out on the 15th but by the end of the month, and the very next day they launch it. Seems like its anyones guess but i doubt it would take that long. In 18 months whocknows what new devices will be on the market. I know i wont have this new GNexus for that long.
9. Netolic (Posts: 142; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
well first of all, motorola phones will get the ICS update, then samsung, then later on HTC and other phones like LG, pantech . panasonic will come out with a new phone which is pre loaded with ICS already
10. remixfa (Posts: 14080; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
WAHHOOO!! And thus the drivers for the SGS1 phones for ICS have just been publicly launched :) (its the same phone basically) Imma have me fully functional ICS rom any day now :)
11. hugo_chong (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
this ota update for nexus s GT-I9023 ?? worldwide ??
12. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
IF I HAVE TO WAIT 18 MONTHS TO GET MY SGS2 EPIC UPDATED I WILL GET A SGS3 WHEN IT RELEASES!!!!!!!
16. hugo_chong (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Just update mine to ics this morning. Btw i from Malaysia
Just awesome !!!!