92% of mobile shopping is done on iPhones and iPads
1. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
I don't know anything about these companies but I'm wondering how they're able to get these information? And how can these be accurate? just saying..
2. T00muchF00D (Posts: 98; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
Are we ever going to see articles that aren't about the iPhone? Even when reviewing other phones the iPhone gets mentioned.
3. c.hack (Posts: 521; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Are we ever going to get rid of Trolls that whine and complain any time the iPhone is mentioned?
14. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
if u think this site is iphone biased just scroll through some pages of comments on various articles...
4. c.hack (Posts: 521; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Multiple Amazon shopping apps are available for iOS and not Android.
8. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
So Android doesn't have Amazon apps? No Amazon cloud, no kindle, no shopping? Even though Amazon's kindle fire is android based? Even though Amazon has an android app store (of course sued by Apple)?
5. Slammer (Posts: 1133; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I'm not sure the iPhone is needed in this estimate other than pushing the Apple brand. The iPad alone, is by far the dominant tablet. It would make sense that the ios platform succeeds in this news even without the iPhone. Everyone else that owns an Android phone, is still using laptops or PCs for ordering online.
7. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
"Everyone" is a pretty big group. Considering the kindle fire is linked to Amazon, I think your everyone " claim is as accurate as the data from Rich Relevance.
9. Slammer (Posts: 1133; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Do not take my post out of context. The word "Everyone" was clearly a statement to segregate ios from Android. It wasn't promoted to be an accurate post but rather an opinion based on the fact that the iPads in "use" greatly out the number of Android tablets in use.
I merely point out that I don't believe as many individuals are using "phones" as tools to order online as the headlines suggest. This means that comparing ios to Android in this case, the iPad will obviously dominate over the Android because of its market share.
I use a computer to do all my online shopping. Not my phone. When I purchase an Android tablet, I will most likely transition to online shopping through it.
6. Android32 (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
It may be the #1 tablet now... But Google will whip their arses in 12' with tablets & "phones".. Again...Ford was the first automobile... And for that they were #1 for a looong time.. Imagine if Ford woulda sued everyone after for making automobiles with doors that opened the same way and tires that were rubber... In the words of Eric Schmidt, "Don't hate, innovate! "
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
they could also do it from Android...wait.. they could only if you rooted, install custom roms... and carry an extra charger for that efficient LTE... uffff too much work.. lol
12. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
This is a given. I mean who would trust any android device with their credit card info? Lol.
13. T00muchF00D (Posts: 98; Member since: 27 Nov 2011)
Windowsphone7 has amazon shopping apps and best buy shopping apps (etc) just like the rest