Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Kyocera SE47 User Reviews Back

bob posted on Jul 01, 2008, 6:07 PM

battery life sucks!

i purchased this phone on sept. 18 2005. now its july 1 2008, and i still have it. why? i dont know. i was offered to upgrade 2 times, but i refused. but the good thing is that with the old software, i dont get charged as much. for web, its about 12 cents less than the 2007-2008 web. if you think about it, that could save me $100's a year, since i am a business man. the phone isnt too bulky, but the battery life sucks. i had to replace the battery about 5 times in 2.5 years. i wouldnt recommend this phone

VZW_fan posted on Jun 29, 2008, 9:28 AM

Decent

My brand new Palm Centro, from Verizon Wireless, broke when I fell on a sidewalk. The whole screen was cracked, and a bunch of keys fell off. It turned on, but after 5 seconds, the screen faded and it turned off.

So I had to get a new phone. Something cheap. I didn't want to spend another $200 for a new phone. Too much money.

I came across this phone, well it was online. It's too old to be at the Verizon store. It was $49.99 on eBay, so it was worth buying.

For an old phone, it slides. That's neat. And it slides like the Pantech Duo. It quite looks like it, just without the double slide.

The features aren't too bad. They offer texting, calling, anything that a regular phone would do.

It's decent, and worth buying. Forget spending a lot of cash on a high end phone, cause all they do is call and text. Maybe a bit more, but you have a computer for that.

Nick posted on Jun 26, 2008, 11:08 PM

HATED IT

i know this might be a high rading and even though the phone is discontinued

avoid this phone
i hated it
i got it from a friend cause my razr died and i hated it the top row of keys was hard to access and the battery i had to put tape on it to keep it in

had to have this phone for over a year and hated it

FerneyZAN posted on Dec 04, 2007, 12:33 AM

WoW!! Awesome, Just Awesome..

It might had been the network, but my overall experience with this phone was out of this world. For the times, it was the best of the best, and at the same time, the first slider we had.

DESIGN – We thought about it a few times, and in the end I think we made a good choice getting this slider phone. It was a bit think but all that did not matter much anyways.

SOUND QUALITY – Sound quality was good as long as you were near good signal. No complaints at all.

RECEPTION – This part was carrier dependent, and good thing I had Verizon back then. The phone always performed very well.

VALUE FOR MONEY – It was a bit expensive, but very well worth every penny.

Anonymous posted on Jul 30, 2006, 6:35 PM

why i like the slider v5

this celllphone is the best i ever owned the signal is always at least three bar lines or more and its design is the best i ever seen its better than those old boring flip phones or the one piece that is just a sick and if you sit wrong it calls someone and waist your minutes

madlilboi posted on Nov 23, 2005, 9:18 AM

Cool lil phone

this is a cool phone

Pros
Stylish Design
Loud And Clear Ear Piece And Speaker Phone
Ringtones are loud and clear
Bright Color Screen

Cons
Bulky (heavy)
Screen part gets too loose
cant recieve pictures
only polyphonic ringtones

Danielle posted on Nov 13, 2005, 4:06 PM

6.6

OKay Phone

I have had my SE44 slider for 10 months so far. I had to get a new phone because my other one got stolen. My friend had the SE47 MTV and i wanted a slider because I liked the design..i dont think that my choice was the best only because i wanted a camera phone and now i wish that i would have gotten a camera flip. I think the other thing that this phone needs is a camera in it. then it would be GREAT!!!

gumby03 posted on Sep 23, 2005, 2:54 PM

great

i have had this phone over a year and i love it. although i am about to trade it in for the upgrade. love and recommend it. never had any problems with it. i don't like the flip design so the slider works great.

Jeff posted on Aug 19, 2005, 4:08 PM

5.6

Wish it lived up to how pretty it is.

I've had my se47 for a little over a year. Well not this particular one because its been replaced three times already, but one just like it. The first was extremely fragile and after being dropped it cut out for good. The next two inexplicably developed a feature where after being on for a minute or so, they would just turn back off. After the one I have now started doing the same thing after only a month I called Verizon Wireless and after some frustrating discussions eventually spoke with someone willing to help me. They ended up swapping out the POS phone with an LG-4650 so I'm happy that I will have a phone that works. The SE47 is pretty and nifty with its slider thing, but it is a terrible phone and is highly unrecommended by this user.

Jessi posted on Aug 12, 2005, 3:49 PM

AWESOME

I love this phone. I've only had it for liek a week, and I've droped it several tiemes but it still works liek a charm. I love the design and It was totally worht the money. I recomend this phone to anyone and everyone. Well of wut I think of it, its a friggen tight phone and I wouldn't give it up for much. I LOVE MY PHONE!:-)

HY posted on Jul 16, 2005, 9:37 AM

3.4

worst phone

This phone gave me problems within the first couple of months and needed repair and now a year past and hardly ever switches on anymore and has given annoying little problems from the begining.

Marcos posted on Apr 26, 2005, 2:16 PM

a bad phone

I have with this phone 8 month and already had to replace the battery two times, this phone turn off so many times, that i cant remember and i have to charge it all the day.
(sorry for my english i am from Panama)

AnnaLynn posted on Apr 02, 2005, 8:10 AM

kyocare

I think this phone is tight. i was going to get one for my B-day but mom thinks I don't need one. I asked my dad because @ Best Buy my mom said i could have one so I asked my dad and he said that he would have to think about it so then he got to the house and my mom had already got him out of butying one so now I'm realy mad @ my mom.

bob posted on Mar 29, 2005, 3:09 PM

5.8

wouldn't recommend

I've had mine for about 6 months and the battery already needs replaced. I wouldn't recommend this phone to someone unless I wanted them to get a crappy phone.

someone posted on Mar 20, 2005, 5:38 PM

4.4

this phone sucks!

iv had this phone for sometime and it sucks i wouldnt recomned it to anyone u cant get any cool ringtones no good wallpapper and the serves sucks two!

SwainComputers posted on Feb 22, 2005, 10:14 PM

Overall Phone

I got this phone in the summer of 2004, and it's served me well.

The battery lasts at least two days with casual talking and other usage. The phone is small and lightweight, and supports touch to talk (I personally don't use it, but it's there).

I've heard phones with better sound quality, but they were more quiet for volume (with it turned up). Others were loud, but lacked quality sound. This phone finds a happy medium between the two that serves me quite well.

The phone has stood up to a beating, being hit against doors, walls, and dropped numerous times on hard floors. The phone still works like a charm, and doesn't miss a lick.

The only problems I've experienced were with the Service Providers not setting up services correctly, which makes it their problems, and not the phone's.

hottie posted on Feb 20, 2005, 8:41 PM

hot phone

this phone rocks i love it the graphics rock i fell in love the first time i saw it on virgin mobile the best part is that its also pre- paid !!! it rocks if you looking for a hot and sexi phone get this one the kyocera SE47 slider i love it and you will to

who cares posted on Feb 18, 2005, 5:11 PM

5.2

junk

This phone is junk. I am on my second phone and second battery! 1st phone shut itself off all of the time. New battery still dies in less than 24hours. And now my wifes phone is turning itself off all of the time! Don't buy this phone!

ziggy posted on Feb 08, 2005, 12:28 PM

5.6

Don't be deceived by the cool looks

I bought two of these phones last March - mainly because of the cool looks and the slider feature. My wife has had several problems with hers. The biggest problem is that it shuts off for no apparent reason. The keypad is okay if you have small fingers. I don't and it's a real pain in the ass. I wouldn't reccommend this phone to anyone. Should've bought a flip phone.

smurf posted on Dec 27, 2004, 5:06 PM

hate it

i absolutly hate this phone it is not all it is cracked up to be i have had it for 1 month and i cant wait to get rid of it on the 1st of january! thank you

lilshizzy posted on Dec 27, 2004, 9:41 AM

If you want HOT & Unique, get this!

The 'Slider' is definitely an awesome phone. As soon as I saw this phone on the virgin mobile website I feel in love. It's has just about everything I could have hoped for. It's stylish, uniquely designed, has great reception, almost all the features I wanted (including color screen, downloadable ring tones, and text messaging), but best of all it's pre-paid.

Overall this phone is awesome, one of the best I've seen and the best I've ever purchased. If you're looking for a unique 'pre-paid' phone, this is the one to get!

Drakraven posted on Nov 02, 2004, 2:14 AM

I hate this phone

I have had this phone for less then a year and this is the thired on I'm on I just don't like it at all I mean don't get me wrong it's a cool phone and it good looking but it's not woth the money or the problems and virgin mobile pisses me off cause they won't upgrade me to the new phone that is better cause they done do that.

Dave Meier posted on Oct 12, 2004, 7:16 AM

It's an okay phone

I had the phone for 5 days. The earpiece quit working so I had to be on speaker or a headset to talk. Overall, it was a stylish phone and I liked to show it off. The reception however would drop in my apartment if I walked around and I wasn't on the phone. If I was on the phone, it was no problem. If I was in my living room, and I was checking out the axcess apps, it would say "connecting..." forever and I'd have to move around. I traded it in for an LG LX5450, a camera phone, which was ok, but I later traded that in for an LG LX5550, a speaker phone, which was on backorder.

But anyways, I liked how it had an airplane mode, where you could still access stuff while on a plane, if they permit you too, it just turns off the radio frequency part of the phone. It also had a sound you could set for opening and closing the phone. It had a speaker phone, which I loved.

Downside: Lack of ringers, reception, I don't know if I'd pay that much for it if I got a similar one in the future. Also, it put a lot of strain on my hands and fingers from having to bend so much, because it was so little. When I was punching stuff in on there, I had to take breaks because it caused a lot of discomfort. I haven't had as much trouble with that with other phones.