Verizon reminds customers that the Samsung Galaxy S5 is coming, compares it to the S4 and S III
Until then, Verizon wanted to present the differences between the new S5 and the Galaxy S4 and S III models in a post over at its Insider's Guide blog. Of course, for that you should also check out our Galaxy S5 vs. Galaxy S4 post from MWC 2014.
Verizon points out that the S5 comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat, a larger display (5.1-inch, 1080p), a larger battery (2,800 mAh), a new 16MP rear camera, heart rate monitor, S Health, and other novelties - all in a dust- and water-resistant case. For now, Verizon is showing only the white and black variants of the S5, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't have other colors (like blue or gold) in its lineup.
We still don’t know how much the Samsung Galaxy S5 will cost in the US. In any case, not more than $200 on contract is probably a good guess.
- Display 5.1" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2800 mAh(21h 3G talk time)
Posts: 217; Member since: Oct 23, 2012
posted on Mar 18, 2014, 12:26 PM 10
posted on Mar 18, 2014, 12:33 PM 3
posted on Mar 18, 2014, 1:26 PM 1
Posts: 6966; Member since: Feb 10, 2012
posted on Mar 18, 2014, 1:51 PM 8
Posts: 193; Member since: Feb 11, 2012
posted on Mar 18, 2014, 1:08 PM 2
Posts: 161; Member since: May 17, 2011
posted on Mar 18, 2014, 6:03 PM 3
Posts: 2372; Member since: Apr 30, 2013
posted on Mar 19, 2014, 4:18 AM 1
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):