Verizon announces the Samsung Gusto 2
The Gusto 2 should be available in a few weeks and will retail for $79.99 AFTER a $50 mail-in rebate with a new 2-year contract. In comparison, the current Samsung Gusto is $79.99 instantly with a new commitment. With the new Gusto 2 “customers can easily dial numbers and type text messages with its large contoured keypad.” It also has advanced social networking capabilities that enable you to update your Facebook status and use Twitter.
- 1.3-megapixel camera with timer, brightness control and shooting modes (single and continuous); effects (black and white, antique and negative)
- One-touch shortcut keys for quick access to emergency contacts, voicemail, speakerphone, camera and messaging
- Sound Alert Mode – changes the volume automatically to high and reads contact information aloud when a call or message is received
- Customizable directional keys for quick access to contacts, mobile Web and more
- 2-inch main display
- Messaging features include text, picture, voice messaging and mobile email
- Bluetooth® technology for hands-free communication
- VZ Navigator® – receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- Fake Call – allows users to set up a pseudo-call to help them escape unwanted social situations
All jokes aside, the Samsung Gusto 2 looks like it may prove to be a nice choice for Verizon customers who are resistant to the smartphone revolution and just want a simple, easy to use feature phone.