T-Mobile's DIGITS and #GetOutoftheRed plan both launch today
Last week, T-Mobile introduced a new feature intended to make it easier for others to reach you no matter which device you have in your pocket, or on your wrist. All T-Mobile numbers are being updated to support the feature. After you set it up, whenever someone calls your T-Mobile phone number, any connected device with the capability to take phone calls will ring (like another phone or certain connected smartwatches). While a second DIGITS line will cost you $10 a month normally, for a limited time only, T-Mobile One Plus subscribers will get that second DIGITS line for free.
T-Mobile has released a video that shows how to setup DIGITS on certain Samsung and LG handsets that offer a built-in application. You'll find it at the top of this story. In a nutshell, all you need to do to activate the new DIGITS feature on these phones is:
- Make sure your handset is running the latest version of Android available to it. If not, you need to update the device.
- Open the T-Mobile app on your phone, and go to plans and services.
- Click on the DIGITS tile and unlock it.
- Receive a pop-up message that says multi-line settings is enabled.
- On your phone, go to Settings > Multi-line settings. Use your T-Mobile ID to sign into your T-Mobile Account.
- Once you sign in, your DIGITS are authenticated.
Call T-Mobile, or bring the handset to your local store if you are having problems activating the feature.
We should also mention that today is also the launch of T-Mobile's #GetOutoftheRed plan that is aimed at Verizon subscribers using the Apple iPhone 6s or newer, and the Google Pixel and Pixel XL. With this promotion, you are switching to T-Mobile and the latter is paying off the balance of what you owe on your phone's Verizon installment plan (via a pre-paid MasterCard or virtual pre-paid MasterCard). You will have to cover your phone by signing up for T-Mobile’s Premium Device Protection Plus at a rate of $15 per month.
After you agree to switch, simply pop in a T-Mobile SIM card on your eligible iPhone or Pixel model, and you are now a T-Mobile subscriber. This plan is available now, for a limited time only.