Sony teases Xperia Z1 aka Honami will be water-resistant: “about to make a splash”
The image right below allegedly shows the Z1 submerged in water and “about to make a splash…” in both the figurative and literal sense of the words. The new image also reveals the Xperia Z1 will have a dedicated phyiscal camera shutter key, located on its right, below the volume rocker.
Sony kicked off a marketing campaign under the slogan “The best of Sony is about to get better” and yesterday’s first installment made it clear it is for “the smartphone everyone’s been talking about…” All clues suggest this is for the upcoming Sony Xperia Z1 aka Honami.
The images Sony teases fall in line with all earlier rumors. Whispers have already drawn a nearly full picture of the expected specifications of the Xperia Z1, take a look right below:
- Shock-, dust-, shatter-, water-proof, IP 55/58
- 5.0-inch 1920x1080 pixel Triluminos display, 16% wider colour gamut
- Carbon fiber frame; Dragontrail tempered glass front protection; Corning Gorilla Glass 3 back protection
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 (Krait 400) chip
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 16GB expandable memory, microSD card slot
- 3100 mAh battery, new improved STAMINA mode
- MHL / Miracast / NFC / Bluetooth 4.0 / LTE / Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n; a/c)
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 20.7 MP rear camera with G lens (using Exmor RS CMOS sensor), f/2.3 aperture, capable of recording 4K (4096 x 2160) resolution videos at 30fps (using BIONZ imaging engine for still photos and X-reality Pro video engine for videos)
- 2 MP Exmor R front-facing camera capable of shooting 1080p full HD resolution videos at 30fps
- IR Remote
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Dual (Stereo) speakers
- 144 x 73.9 x 8.3mm
source: Sony Mobile
- Display 5.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 20.7 MP / 2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core, 2200 MHz
- Storage 16 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(15h 3G talk time)
Posts: 552; Member since: Aug 22, 2013
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 4:00 AM 1
Posts: 319; Member since: Sep 06, 2012
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 4:13 AM 41
Posts: 49; Member since: Jan 05, 2013
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 4:16 AM 25
Posts: 63; Member since: May 22, 2013
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 7:04 AM 3
Posts: 5761; Member since: Feb 10, 2013
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 7:19 AM 2
Posts: 4888; Member since: Apr 15, 2011
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 8:12 AM 0
Posts: 789; Member since: Nov 16, 2011
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 4:18 AM 9
Posts: 1635; Member since: Feb 21, 2013
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 4:21 AM 1
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 5:33 AM 2
Posts: 181; Member since: Mar 19, 2013
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 6:01 AM 1
Posts: 217; Member since: Oct 23, 2012
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 9:04 AM 0
Posts: 2; Member since: Aug 01, 2013
posted on Aug 23, 2013, 4:23 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):