phone to the AOSP, it doesn't mean that your own personal water and dustproof Xperia Z can be turned into a stock Android, Google Nexus model. It takes a lot of shoe-horning by Sony engineers to make this work as it is. The microSD slot works, as well as Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, the notification lights and sensors. What does not run on the AOSP'd Sony Xperia Z is the camera and the modem as they use proprietary binaries that Sony does not want to release to the public. Other binaries from Sony's partners have been released but can't be part of the AOSP project because they don't use open source code. Sony is expected to replace some of these binaries with a source code the further down the road the project gets.
For now, contributions to the Sony Xperia Z will start out on Sony's own GitHub rather than the main AOSP main branch. To contribute to the cause, head over to the sourcelink and start leaving your mark on Android.
source: GitHub, SonyMobileDeveloper via TechCrunch
- Display 5.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 13.1 MP / 2.2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro, Quad-core, 1500 MHz
- Storage 16 GB + microSDHC
- Battery 2330 mAh(14h 3G talk time)
Posts: 5629; Member since: Mar 08, 2013
posted on Apr 23, 2013, 11:52 AM 0
Posts: 232; Member since: Oct 18, 2012
posted on Apr 23, 2013, 11:59 AM 6
Posts: 242; Member since: Feb 10, 2012
posted on Apr 23, 2013, 12:37 PM 4
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):