Samsung Galaxy S III for Verizon is reportedly going to eventually get global roaming support
As we know, Big Red’s version of the Galaxy S III will be surfing on its extensive CDMA network domestically – with 4G LTE in tow to satisfy those demanding web surfers out there. However, it’s now being confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S III for Verizon Wireless will eventually gain global roaming support, though, it’ll be absent during its initial launch with the carrier.
In fact, Verizon mentions that a future software update will be made available that will unlock the 2G and 3G roaming capabilities of the handset when it’s abroad in other countries. Needless to say, that’s yet another wonderful thing to know, as we’re sure there are some customers who frequently travel outside of the US. Rather than having a separate handset on hand for the occasion, these Verizon owners can rely on the Samsung Galaxy S III for all their needs.
Indeed, it’s great news for those who are planning to pick up the handset when it’s launched, but there is no exact timing on the availability of this software update.
- Display 4.8" 720 x 1280 pixels
- Camera 8 MP / 1.9 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus, Dual-core, 1500 MHz
- Storage 32GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2100 mAh(15.00h talk time)
Posts: 22; Member since: May 02, 2012
posted on Jun 05, 2012, 3:47 PM 2
Posts: 922; Member since: Oct 18, 2011
posted on Jun 05, 2012, 4:23 PM 1
Posts: 360; Member since: Dec 05, 2009
posted on Jun 05, 2012, 5:55 PM 0
Posts: 832; Member since: Mar 08, 2009
posted on Jun 06, 2012, 9:49 PM 0
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):