Reuters: Apple to lose the rights to the iPhone name in Brazil
a Chinese official said that a company in the country named Proview had the rights to the iPad name in China. It seems that when Apple signed a deal with Proview for the use of the name, it had only signed an agreement with the Taiwan subsidiary of the company. After a long and strange legal fight that even invaded the U.S. courts, Apple paid $60 million for the iPad name for mainland China.
Posts: 232; Member since: Jan 24, 2013
posted on Feb 06, 2013, 12:34 AM 13
Posts: 902; Member since: Sep 29, 2011
posted on Feb 06, 2013, 12:34 AM 6
Posts: 4721; Member since: May 17, 2011
posted on Feb 06, 2013, 1:02 AM 1
posted on Feb 06, 2013, 1:14 AM 5
Posts: 2383; Member since: Jul 18, 2010
posted on Feb 06, 2013, 2:55 AM 3
Posts: 127; Member since: Jan 18, 2013
posted on Feb 06, 2013, 8:30 AM 1
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):